cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any cards which will allow a 10k BT?

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Any cards which will allow a 10k BT?

Also, I skimmed through the thread pretty quickly, so I apologize if it was already mentioned, but to address the BECU thing, you can be eligible by joining the Northwest Credit Union Foundation or whatever it's called if you do not live in WA (or one of the acceptable counties in OR or ID), or have a connection with a Boeing employee or other usual avenues.  Just know that there will likely be some hurdles when it comes to providing documentation for the Financial Crimes department, but it's not that much work.

Message 41 of 72
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

How long until you need to yransfer? Now might be good time to join a CU. Like K said most dont have limit to amount transferable.  I know lwe want to keep everything under 30% but desperate times calls for desperate measures. I have no bts offers like last year and becsuse my recent Sears was 0% until only Nov i moved it over to my LFCU that had  0% for 12 months  which buys me some time though my vantage scores are crashing lol. My LFCU only has $6250 and i have $5165  now $5045 after 1st payment, on it which percentage wise sucks but oh well, i needed this back up being out of work heading into 3 weeks. Do what you gotta do.

Plus with your scores and limits you coukd probably pull off 3 cards with bt offers. 

Message 42 of 72
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

How long until you need to yransfer? Now might be good time to join a CU. Like K said most dont have limit to amount transferable.  I know lwe want to keep everything under 30% but desperate times calls for desperate measures. I have no bts offers like last year and becsuse my recent Sears was 0% until only Nov i moved it over to my LFCU that had  0% for 12 months  which buys me some time though my vantage scores are crashing lol. My LFCU only has $6250 and i have $5165  now $5045 after 1st payment, on it which percentage wise sucks but oh well, i needed this back up being out of work heading into 3 weeks. Do what you gotta do.

Plus with your scores and limits you coukd probably pull off 3 cards with bt offers. 

Yeah the utilization thing doesn't bug me too much. I've been carrying a balance on the Disco for awhile now and my score hasn't suffered much. Plus I PIF both the other cards. But obviously I wouldn't want to have a MAXED card. 

The transfer needs to be before April 13.

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 43 of 72
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

What is your aaoa?  Inqs? etc. Im guessing you have some issues with your Dad? Not to get too personal , sorry. I would like my ex to get into Navy Fed because her Dad was an Army vet but im not sure on his discharge status and he wasnt a nice man . She wants nothing to do with him and tries to stay icgonito so i wouldnt want her trying to get a Navy membership if it meant her Dad knowing where she was. So i can respect if you dont wsnt to go that route. Think of joining Penfed, even though they are my worst enemy, they might help you out. Plus one good thing about their pl is you can push out the payment date!  

Message 44 of 72
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

What is your aaoa?  Inqs? etc. Im guessing you have some issues with your Dad? Not to get too personal , sorry. I would like my ex to get into Navy Fed because her Dad was an Army vet but im not sure on his discharge status and he wasnt a nice man . She wants nothing to do with him and tries to stay icgonito so i wouldnt want her trying to get a Navy membership if it meant her Dad knowing where she was. So i can respect if you dont wsnt to go that route. Think of joining Penfed, even though they are my worst enemy, they might help you out. Plus one good thing about their pl is you can push out the payment date!  

AAoA is two years. Inqs are I think five on EQ, four on EX, and zero on TU. No inquiries at all in the last year. Scores all in the mid 700s. 

Lol I have no issues with my Dad. I'm just heading off the POSSIBILITY of a financial lecture. I'm childish like that

Message 45 of 72
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Given your relatively short history and no banking relationship, I dont think BoA is an option unless you have a decent amount of money you're willing to stash in there. 

While they grow, you dont have a year to wait till it does, if you're approved. Because of your consistent denialscwith them, I'd skip. 

BECU is certainly an option, just be prepared to do verification when needed. Typically it's utility bill, DL and sometimes pay stubs. 

Second option is Chase, if you're under 5/24, but not slate.

While Freedom cards have 3% for 60 days after opening (I think it's 60), they tend to have higher limit than Slate. 

Another Citi card with 0% intro might work, too. You've had your DC long enough, unless they have issue with your current utilization. 

There is also US Bank's platinum visa, around 20 months at 0%. I know your cash+ app wasnt quite the success, but you've been new account free for a while, and it's a single pull only should it go sideways. 

Message 46 of 72
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

Given your relatively short history and no banking relationship, I dont think BoA is an option unless you have a decent amount of money you're willing to stash in there. 

While they grow, you dont have a year to wait till it does, if you're approved. Because of your consistent denialscwith them, I'd skip. 

BECU is certainly an option, just be prepared to do verification when needed. Typically it's utility bill, DL and sometimes pay stubs. 

Second option is Chase, if you're under 5/24, but not slate.

While Freedom cards have 3% for 60 days after opening (I think it's 60), they tend to have higher limit than Slate. 

Another Citi card with 0% intro might work, too. You've had your DC long enough, unless they have issue with your current utilization. 

There is also US Bank's platinum visa, around 20 months at 0%. I know your cash+ app wasnt quite the success, but you've been new account free for a while, and it's a single pull only should it go sideways. 

Yeah, I wasn't planning on BoA. Citi shouldn't have problem with me lol I use the DC heavily and PIF every time. But their prequal tool (which I did find) isn't giving me anything.  
I know CUs are good, but I just don't want to deal with having to send all the documents. When I momentarily joined Ft Knox a couple years back it was a huge headache. Technically I am a member of one, but it's Ent lol

Message 47 of 72
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I tried Citi prequal on the day I applied for Premier, and it came back with nothing.

I really dont think you should hesitate, but pick two cards (from different lenders) due to the amount you need to transfer, apply for twitchier one first, then second one if needed. 

I think between Citi, and Amex ED, you should be fine.

Just dont let the fear and indecisiveness paralyze you, because there will be hefty amount of interest if you dont move that soon. 

Message 48 of 72
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol @ Citi prequalSmiley Wink. We be MFers and prequals dont hold us backSmiley Wink

Plus i never get one nor have i ever seen an actual Citi  prequal.

Take the finsncial lecture from Dad, once you have Navy in your backpocket,  just hold the card in front of your forhead and all the lecture will bounce off and ricochet back @M_Smart007 Smiley Wink

Message 49 of 72
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

I tried Citi prequal on the day I applied for Premier, and it came back with nothing.

I really dont think you should hesitate, but pick two cards (from different lenders) due to the amount you need to transfer, apply for twitchier one first, then second one if needed. 

I think between Citi, and Amex ED, you should be fine.

Just dont let the fear and indecisiveness paralyze you, because there will be hefty amount of interest if you dont move that soon. 

Yeah, that sounds good. Thanks! As for Citi, is there a particular card that would be the best? The Rewards would probably be the only one that I would use even after the BT, but that's one of Citi's "big" cards. As for Amex, most people seem to be suggesting the ED, but the Magnet would probably be more useful....I'm so out of the apping game lol it's been a whole year (a decade in MF years)

Message 50 of 72
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.