cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any chance at an AMEX BCE ? (detailed)

tag
SeattleSuperBowlChampions
New Contributor

Re: Any chance at an AMEX BCE ? (detailed)

If you're looking to just get in with AMEX, I'd apply for Gold Skymiles.  I'm in the process of rebuilding myself.  Been good for the last 4-5 years, but have a few charge offs and one collections dropping off next year, but still showing and got approved with 5k.

BarclayCard - Rewards MC - 5,000 | Amex - Skymiles Platinum - 18,000 | Chase - Freedom - 3,000 | Chase - Hyatt - 5,000 | Amazon SC - 3,800 | Fidelity AMEX - 17,000 | Chase - Ritz - 10,000
Message 11 of 15
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

i was approved for PRG and 5k BCE a week ago. EX was 660. I have 4 baddies: 2 old CO and 2 paid coll from 2012. Oh, and I burned them in college....

I think you will be approved...instantly.
012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 15
axledobe
Frequent Contributor

I just paid everything off.  See ya CapitalOne balances!  Now my Discover IT is sitting with a balance equal to 1.4% of my overall credit extended.  I did 1.4% so it rounds down to 1% utilization overall.  Let's see how going from 66% util with balances on 3 cards (one card as high as 75%) to 1% on one card and the other two paid off completely helps my scores.  I've read that it can raise over 50 points doing that.  Fingers crossed.  

Thanks for everyone's responses thus far.  This forum is beyond helpful!

FICO SCORES: TU 769; EX 790; EQ 790 ***Gardening indefinitely***

Message 13 of 15
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

Keep us informed on the Amex.  Hoping it works out for you.

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 14 of 15
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, your score should get a nice jump from that!

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.