cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any chance of getting Cap1 or HSBC to do a limit increase without a hard pull?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any chance of getting Cap1 or HSBC to do a limit increase without a hard pull?

The biggest drag right now on our credit scores is high utilization. Especially my husbands, which he got into a cycle of overlimit charges, pay the minimum, the first of the month it's back overline due to the charges. ugh!

He has a very low limit Cap1 card and a slightly higher HSBC one. Any idea what it would take to increase the limits, preferably without a hard pull? We're looking to buy a house in a few months and a lower utilization would probably be the best way to bump the scores.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any chance of getting Cap1 or HSBC to do a limit increase without a hard pull?

Cap1 doesn't do a hard pull - look for the back door number on this website and give them a call. I've had them for a few years with no CLI - started out at $3k. I called and they said $500 increase. I said "oh that's it?" A few minutes/questions later, they gave me another $2k. Only manual account review, no credit inquiry at all.
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any chance of getting Cap1 or HSBC to do a limit increase without a hard pull?

From my understanding HSBC does not do a hard pull also it's just a soft.
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
From my understanding HSBC does not do a hard pull also it's just a soft.

Nope, it's a hard pull to all 3 CRAs.

And only if you've had the account for over 6 months (from what I understand) will you have a shot at a CLI (HSBC isn't CLI-friendly). And if you DO get a CLI, chances are, you'll be charged $10 for it. :/
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

And only if you've had the account for over 6 months (from what I understand) will you have a shot at a CLI (HSBC isn't CLI-friendly). And if you DO get a CLI, chances are, you'll be charged $10 for it. :/

I received 2 CLI from Orchard in the past 3 months an there was NO hard pull not sure if there was evan a soft but i no there was not a hard i check my reports daily.

Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 10-04-2008 03:53 PM
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

An yes HSBC does charge a 10 Dollar fee if your approved for a CLI.
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I received 2 CLI from Orchard in the past 3 months an there was NO hard pull not sure if there was evan a soft but i no there was not a hard i check my reports daily.

Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 10-04-2008 03:53 PM

We both asked for a CLI about a month ago (just got the "Sorry, no CLI for you right now" letter just a week ago) and they harded us both on all 3 CRAs. Didn't even get the frickin' CLI for the hard. Smiley Mad

Can't be too irritated, though ... they DID warn us it'd involve a pull.

Of course, ours are fairly new accounts, so that might be it. I dunno.
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
We both asked for a CLI about a month ago (just got the "Sorry, no CLI for you right now" letter just a week ago) and they harded us both on all 3 CRAs. Didn't even get the frickin' CLI for the hard. Smiley Mad

Can't be too irritated, though ... they DID warn us it'd involve a pull.

Of course, ours are fairly new accounts, so that might be it. I dunno.

Maybe thats something new there doing cause my increases has never resulted in a hard pull.

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

FWIW, they harded us twice (for the same CLI, I guess??).

We asked for a CLI at the beginning of September. They harded us the same day. Then, TC alerted us to ANOTHER hard from them on September 25th. Go figger.

Was considering writing a Non-PP letter (protesting the additional pull and asking them to please remove it), but have been too lazy. 'Sides, I'm scared of making them mad and put something in some little file somewhere saying that we're jerks.
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wasted a hard a week ago with Hooters MasterCard so i know the feeling.
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.