cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any chance of getting approved for BCE with 1 year credit history?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any chance of getting approved for BCE with 1 year credit history?

Does anyone get BCE with just 1 year of credit file?

Assume score near 730 and oldest card 1 year old. 3-4 other cards with 5-6 month old history!!

What are chances with BCE?? Are they inquery sensitive ?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Any chance of getting approved for BCE with 1 year credit history?

I would say slim. They like to see multiple cards with good history 1 year or more. AMEX can be quite picky with their revolvers, you might want to try for a charge card and if approved app for the BCE immediately afterwards and if declined it will only be 1 HP.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 4
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

I had about 3 years of history when I got mine. I'm thinking that your ex score would be borderline for approval but you would most likely be denied for a thin file.

I think most people around here would suggest you app for the Zync and then go for the bce after you have the Zync. I did this and was approved for the bce shortly after getting the Zync. The benefit of doing this is that once you are in with amex any future denials are a sp. Essentially once you get the Zync you really have nothing to lose by apping for the bce. Havng the Zync also would allow you to build a payment history with amex which would improve your chances of getting the bce

AFAIK Amex isn't as inquiry sensitive as most major lenders, and pull ex 99.9% of the time

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Friends Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.