cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any experiences with SECU MD credit cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any experiences with SECU MD credit cards?

I stumbled upon https://www.secumd.org/personal/credit-cards/visa-credit-cards.aspx

They have nice line up and even secured cards earn points. I've never heard of them and Fico search results didn't show anything about this credit union. 

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 12
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Any experiences with SECU credit cards?

@Anonymous wrote:

There's multiple posts on SECU MD on MF. 

Good CU that allows multiple approvals per hard pull. UW is very lenient

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Found-A-New-Friend-in-Maryland/td-p/5980341 
https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/SECU-account-Rewards-Visa-PLOC-approved-40K-Total/td-p/5612698 
https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/TY-UH-HUH-2-tradelines-1-pull-my-first-Visa-Siggy/td-p/5984488 

Do you recall which bureau they pull?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 3 of 12
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

EQ-5

[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 4 of 12
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@ocheosa wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

EQ-5

Thanks.

Then my application will probably be denied, as I do not have a good score in that model Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 5 of 12
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@ocheosa wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

EQ-5

Thanks.

Then my application will probably be denied, as I do not have a good score in that model Smiley Happy

I think the lowest I've read about so far was 680ish maybe? Although pre-approved for the credit card, I actually had a hard time establishing membership since they were tougher on out of state apps at that time. If nothing else, why not take some time to set up your membership and get that out of the way and circle back around when you feel more comfortable for credit products? I was assured once you are in, processing loans is effortless. I did find it to be very easy. I only had to supply one paystub for my credit card. I inquired about the PLOC but was told to wait 6mos to a year for the PLOC as I'd opened a lot of accounts over the past 24months which was very true. I've actually been quite pleased with them since the initial membership debacle. 

[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
Message 6 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@ocheosa wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

EQ-5

How many bureaus does Equifax have?Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@ocheosa wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

EQ-5

Thanks.

@SouthJamaica 

SECU told me 670+ EQ5 for approval

When I was 669 (literally 1 pt away), no soup. Once I shot my score over that, I got soup (plenty of it).

They seem to like lower DTI + clean profile, 670+ EQ5, don't care about new credit *that* much (They issued me 4 revolvers + 1 PL + 3 SSL in a span of few months)

Message 8 of 12
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@ocheosa wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

EQ-5

Too d**n many !!! We've learned numerical suffixes can make all the difference between glee and pain! Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@ocheosa wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@ocheosa wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

EQ-5

Too d**n many !!! We've learned numerical suffixes can make all the difference between glee and pain! Smiley Very Happy

😆 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.