cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any guesses on when Navy Federal Will...

tag
DEcreditguy
New Contributor

Re: Any guesses on when Navy Federal Will...

Can you PC from GoRewards to MoreRewards now? I know for the longest time, PC from Visa Sig to AMEX was a no-go. 

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DEcreditguy wrote:

Can you PC from GoRewards to MoreRewards now? I know for the longest time, PC from Visa Sig to AMEX was a no-go. 

Yes you can. Just give them a call. Beware that the change can cause your APR to change. My cashRewards got hiked from 11.9% to 17.24% when I did it. 

Message 12 of 17
VPExecutive
Frequent Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

Flagship might be a harder sell to the average consumer (who may not be shopping around with other banks/CUs) if NFCU also offers a 2% card with no AF.

Would be amazing if Navy then increased the Flagship Rewards structure to 2.5x general/3x travel with a $49 annual fee, but one could only wish that happens. 

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the Go Rewards is still good because the more rewards don't come with things like warranties or replacement for your phone if you use it for the phone bill.
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I think the Go Rewards is still good because the more rewards don't come with things like warranties or replacement for your phone if you use it for the phone bill.

It actually does come with a lot of benefits. 

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/network/navyfederal/morerewards/cardbenefits.html

https://www.navyfederal.org/pdf/creditcards/NFCU_816AMEX.pdf

Message 15 of 17
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@VPExecutive wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

Flagship might be a harder sell to the average consumer (who may not be shopping around with other banks/CUs) if NFCU also offers a 2% card with no AF.

Would be amazing if Navy then increased the Flagship Rewards structure to 2.5x general/3x travel with a $49 annual fee, but one could only wish that happens. 

Perhaps with sufficient banking activity, or a large IRA. BofA Premium Rewards offers more than you wish (though customer service would be a tradeoff) at the $100k asset tier.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 16 of 17
VPExecutive
Frequent Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

@VPExecutive wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

Perhaps with sufficient banking activity, or a large IRA. BofA Premium Rewards offers more than you wish (though customer service would be a tradeoff) at the $100k asset tier.

I believe BoA banned me for life after I opened an account for the $300 bonus and then closed it immediately after receiving said bonus. 

I tried opening another account with them a few months later and they closed it 6 days after approving it in the first place. 

I would prefer using Schwab and NFCU over BoA anyways. 

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.