Did you mean: 

Any info on Ft Knox Platinum Visa?

tag
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: Any info on Ft Knox Platinum Visa?

@FinStar wrote:
Well, where's the fun in that? 😆

Given its conservative nature, why not send the requested documents or POI if asked? I suppose you could cancel the application but wouldn't a HP be already in place when you submit the app?

I mean 5% is 5% 😜

Yeah, I know lol it just seems like such a hassle just to get a card. Lazy, lazy me. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 11 of 33
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

Given its conservative nature, why not send the requested documents or POI if asked? I suppose you could cancel the application but wouldn't a HP be already in place when you submit the app?

I mean 5% is 5% 😜

This. Joining Credit Unions often involves sending POI, i know not always,  but if you really want their product snd they ask for it, dont see why one wouldnt. If you make what you make itll make it easier to get the products you want. As humbling as my income is,  when Langley asked for it i sent in 2 current paystubs and am actually glad that its out there . Sure it will hold me back on getting tons more credit with them but it got me the cc i wanted so its all good. 

Message 12 of 33
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

I mean 5% is 5% 😜

This. Joining Credit Unions often involves sending POI, i know not always,  but if you really want their product snd they ask for it, dont see why one wouldnt. If you make what you make itll make it easier to get the products you want. As humbling as my income is,  when Langley asked for it i sent in 2 current paystubs and am actually glad that its out there . Sure it will hold me back on getting tons more credit with them but it got me the cc i wanted so its all good. 

My recollection is that Ft. Knox CU was a complete pain, not worth applying to unless you're local.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 13 of 33
SBR249
Established Contributor

That list of countries where Ft. Knox CU blocks all credit/debit card use looks super painful:

https://www.fortknoxfcu.org/atms.html#blocked

I mean, of the two 5% CB gas cards out there, the Ducks Unlimited I think has a 3% FTF and this is basically unusable most places. I think I'll stick with my PenFed PR at 4.2% or the Costco Visa at 4%. At least there are no FTFs on those. 

Message 14 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SBR249 wrote:

That list of countries where Ft. Knox CU blocks all credit/debit card use looks super painful:

https://www.fortknoxfcu.org/atms.html#blocked

I mean, of the two 5% CB gas cards out there, the Ducks Unlimited I think has a 3% FTF and this is basically unusable most places. I think I'll stick with my PenFed PR at 4.2% or the Costco Visa at 4%. At least there are no FTFs on those. 

WOW! Sure would not waste the time or effort. Unreal!!! Smiley Mad

Message 15 of 33
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

You cant use it in Yugoslavia? AFAIK you can't use anything (credit, debit, cash) since 1992!
Message 16 of 33
Green456
Established Contributor

I have the CC. Applying for it was not bed actually. Took about 1 week from filling out the application to approval. But FYI, as per customer service recomendation you should pay the credit card by mailing in the check. You cannot pay online.

Message 17 of 33
digitek
Established Contributor

@Green456 wrote:

But FYI, as per customer service recomendation you should pay the credit card by mailing in the check. You cannot pay online.

This is almost hard to belive Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 33
BobbyJ
Frequent Contributor

I have had the Fort Knox Platinum Visa since 2011.  I live in San Diego, CA and also have a savings and checking acct with them which was opened back in 2011 so I could get the card.  I always have lived in San Diego and use the card mainly for Gas at Costco where I do get 5% cash back.  It is also a 1% cash back card as well.  Their online banking/website is really behind technology wise.  The cash back posts every month like clockwork. 

Do not try to use this card online with other countries as they tend to block alot.

It is best best cash back gas card and I have never had an issue with it.   Not sure if membership is harder now but when I applied back in 2011 it was not an issue.   The customer service is okay.

Hope this info helps.

Bobby

Fico 8 Scores: EX: 787 (6/25/21) EQ: 788 (6/12/21) TU: 750 (2/21/21)
Fico 9 Scores: EX: 799 (11/9/20) EQ: 794 (10/13/20)

Ch7 BK Filed on 10/13/2013 - Discharged 1/14/14

Amex Blue Cash Preferred $15K | Amex Gold Card | Citi Costco Visa $7700 | USBank Altitude Go Visa Sig $10K | USBank Cash+ Visa $8K | C1 Savor MC Elite $15K | C1 Venture One $10K | C1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K | C1 Quicksilver WMC $10K | Penfed Plat Rewards Visa $9,500 | Penfed Power Cash Rewards Visa $11K | Discover IT $7500 | USAA Pref Rewards Visa $5K | Penfed Path Visa $10K | Logix FCU Plat MC $12K | SDCCU Plat Visa $2,500 | Best Buy Visa $2K | Chase Amazon Prime Visa Sig $500 | Consumers CU Visa Cash Rebate $5K | PNC Points Visa $2500 | JCPenney $1,800 | Abound CU Plat Visa $5K | Lowes $7K | HSN Card $3K | Walmart MasterCard $2K | Walmart Store Card $2K | Kohls $1K | Target Red Card $800 | QVC Card $800
Message 19 of 33
OmarR
Established Contributor

I have had this card since July and it wasn't a pain at all to apply. Yes, you will have to join as a member, as you do with any other CU. They mailed me like a 5 page document to sign in several places, and I just mailed it back.

They pulled TU which was about 790 at the time. I had 4 inq's, 2 within the previous 6 months.

I use it just for gas and the rewards post as statement credit each month. I believe it if they don't accept payments online as their interace is still stuck in 1995, however I push all my payments with zero problems.

Good luck!

EQ=850   EX=845   TU=843       0/24       UTIL=$1    AZEO

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.