Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any luck with AMEX PC before 12 or 13 months

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any luck with AMEX PC before 12 or 13 months

Well, now that it looks like AMEX isn't backdating my plan to get another AMEX in Jan and transfer the limits is needing some adjustment.  Getting the Delta with AMEX was to get my foot in the door and a 2015 MSD and then eventually apply for an EveryDay (for MR points) or BCE...  I just tried chatting with AMEX and they said I'd have to wait until my account was a year old before a PC would be allowed.  Granted this is the Sunday graveyard crew, so I'm wondering if I'd have any luck chatting during the day or giving them a call tomorrow...  It's not a huge deal if not, and if my only options are another Annual Fee card that I'd have little use for, I'll probably take the AAoA hit and get the card I want to anyway...

Thanks,

Oz

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Any luck with AMEX PC before 12 or 13 months

amex is usually a stickler for the one year rule, citing the card act.
Message 2 of 9
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Yeah, was considering pc'ing BCE to BCP, but got in with Barclays sooner than planned. Don't see upgrading after Sallie Mae hits in September 2015, so BCE will just be back up. BCE is still 0% promo until January 2016, and pc'ing won't change that (from what I was told).
Signature needs updating
Message 3 of 9
kdm31091
Super Contributor

From what I have heard Amex will not override this policy. It just is what it is and I believe you just have to wait. (Or as you mentioned just get the card you want).

It never hurts to try but I've never heard of success with this.

Message 4 of 9
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

I was told by a friend who works for AMEX - that they have taken the Credit Card Act to heart and stick with 12 months.  

I am not to familiar with the Act, but from what little I know - it has something to do with moving to products with higher fees or interest rates.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried after 5 months - PC to other card with the same fees and rates - no luck.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I PC-ed a Blue Sky to a BCE after only a few months. I did have to ask twice, because initially they didn't want to allow it. But yeah... 

Granted this was moving from one no AF to another no AF card, from the same family even. 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

tyvm

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.