cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any luck with Capital One product changing a former Orchard Bank card?

tag
charyot77
Regular Contributor

Any luck with Capital One product changing a former Orchard Bank card?

My oldest credit is an Orchard Bank secured card (now unsecured).

I know that Capital One acquired the Orchard Bank portfolio and I know that people lately have been having success with the Executive Office.

Has anyone had luck with getting Capital One to change the terms or features on their old Orchard Bank cards?

My annual fee will come up again next year, and before closing the card, I wouldnt mind trying to save it/have it changed to something more useful.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Any luck with Capital One product changing a former Orchard Bank card?

So far every time I ask an Orchard Bank rep they say to keep using my card as it is and there will be no changes at this time blah blah blah...I'm in the same boat too. It's my oldest card and I really don't like it because of the annual fee and the fact that HSBC is still holding onto my $1500. But then again, I'm opposed to closing it because I don't want to lower my AAoA at this point in time. So far nobody knows what's happening to the savings accounts either. I'm just gonna wait it out and see if by the time my card expires (6/13) they offer me a product change!

Best of luck in your inquiry!

Message 2 of 8
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Nope, Orchard/HSBC doesn't offer PC's. Need to wait until the systems are combined, which is when you will be able to login to CapitalOne.com to access your account. Right now the changes effective 5/1/12 were name only, these accounts cannot be accessed by Capital One.

Message 3 of 8
beb86
Valued Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

Nope, Orchard/HSBC doesn't offer PC's. Need to wait until the systems are combined, which is when you will be able to login to CapitalOne.com to access your account. Right now the changes effective 5/1/12 were name only, these accounts cannot be accessed by Capital One.

You can easily PC  to a Cap1 card...just go to the website, click apply, and after three hard pulls you have a new card...that simple!!!!

Message 4 of 8
RonDawg
Contributor

@beb86 wrote:

@mxp114 wrote:

You can easily PC  to a Cap1 card...just go to the website, click apply, and after three hard pulls you have a new card...that simple!!!!

I don't think that they are looking for a new account, sounds like they are wanting to PC/Upgrade their current cards so they can keep their AAoA as is.

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 5 of 8
beb86
Valued Contributor

@RonDawg wrote:

@beb86 wrote:

@mxp114 wrote:

I don't think that they are looking for a new account, sounds like they are wanting to PC/Upgrade their current cards so they can keep their AAoA as is.

I know it was my horrible attempt at humor!!!!

Message 6 of 8
RonDawg
Contributor

@beb86 wrote:

@RonDawg wrote:

@beb86 wrote:

@mxp114 wrote:

I know it was my horrible attempt at humor!!!!

Oh lord that figures, sorry not feeling well tonight even typed words are going over my head Smiley Sad

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 7 of 8
mxp114
Valued Contributor

@beb86 wrote:

@mxp114 wrote:

lol I forgot about that method

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.