cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any major CC available without a Hard Inquiry?

tag
Ewoky

Any major CC available without a Hard Inquiry?

I am carefully guarding my hard-won points, but I need a major CC, according to my mortgage lender.  Anyone know of a place to go where they may do a Soft Inquiry?  And if not, anyone know of a bank that pulls only Equifax?  That's my highest score so far.  (at 646)  EXP 610, TU 634

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Any major CC available without a Hard Inquiry?

@Ewoky wrote:

I am carefully guarding my hard-won points, but I need a major CC, according to my mortgage lender.  Anyone know of a place to go where they may do a Soft Inquiry?  And if not, anyone know of a bank that pulls only Equifax?  That's my highest score so far.  (at 646)  EXP 610, TU 634

So you don't have any credit cards or revolving accounts open now, is that correct ?    I'm not aware of any banks that only do a soft pull ~ although there might be some store cards where this happens.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 30
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Moving to credit cards forum.

Message 3 of 30
Ewoky

@pizzadude wrote:

@Ewoky wrote:

So you don't have any credit cards or revolving accounts open now, is that correct ?    I'm not aware of any banks that only do a soft pull ~ although there might be some store cards where this happens.

I have no credit cards and no revolving accounts open right now.

Message 4 of 30
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

If a store card will suffice then take a look around at the "shopping cart trick" ~ people have reported that they can obtain a store card with only a soft inquiry via this approach.

If it needs to be a bank card then you'll have to apply and incur an inquiry.

Message 5 of 30
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

I believe I read because of the credit card act even a secured card requires a hard pull.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 6 of 30
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

@Ewoky wrote:

You might want to look at this thread http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/No-credit-other-financing-options/m-p/2323705#M131248

Message 7 of 30
Ewoky

@ccnewcc wrote:

@Ewoky wrote:

You might want to look at this thread http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/No-credit-other-financing-options/m-p/2323705#M131248

Thanks!  That thread is awesome.  I will definitely look into this.

Message 8 of 30
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Shopping cart trick... But in general all apps are hp...makes it difficult if you have limited history tho

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 9 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

SDFCU had a secured card without a HP. You might want to double check
Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.