cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any membership applicants of DCU recently?

tag
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

Any membership applicants of DCU recently?

I just want to get an idea of how many people are waiting to hear back from these guys, these guys being Digital Federal Credit Union. I applied on 3/18/13, and have yet to hear back from them on the approval of my application. I also got approved for a credit card by them, but of course I can't receive until I obtain a membership number. I know there a couple of people here who are having problems so far. So who else is having an issue with these guys within the past month or so? And what path of action have you taken thus far? If you took action, have you had any sort of progress so far? Thanks.

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Re: Any membership applicants of DCU recently?

@WarJar101 wrote:

I just want to get an idea of how many people are waiting to hear back from these guys, these guys being Digital Federal Credit Union. I applied on 3/18/13, and have yet to hear back from them on the approval of my application. I also got approved for a credit card by them, but of course I can't receive until I obtain a membership number. I know there a couple of people here who are having problems so far. So who else is having an issue with these guys within the past month or so? And what path of action have you taken thus far? If you took action, have you had any sort of progress so far? Thanks.

I've been waiting 9 days now with no replies. I emailed them my driver license and my ss card and still nothing. However, the $5 pending charge I put on my Discover card is not there now, so maybe I was already denied. They could have at least sent me an email explaining, but I've received no news whatsoever...Smiley Sad

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 2 of 15
dodgeball
Established Contributor

they have some serious issues over there at DCU

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 3 of 15
boomhower
Valued Contributor

@dodgeball wrote:

they have some serious issues over there at DCU

Yes they are.  I don't know if they are getting overwhemed with apps, changed methods, or cut back on employees but opening new memberships has been a serious issue recently.  They are worth the trouble but they need to fix the new member problem immediately.

For others thinking of a DCU credit card, get a membership first and then apply for credit.  Applying for credit first runs the risk of taking two HP for nothing.  They do one for membership and one for credit.  Make sure you get approved for membership for burning one for a credit product.  

Message 4 of 15
beanie7132
Frequent Contributor

I just joined DCU. I applied online on the 1st, instant approval. Well not really instant as the little mouse spinner spun for about 4 minutes ;/

It took 4 days to get my welcome packet in the mail (visa check card pin number) and another day to get the check card itself. I ony have checking and savings with them with the minimum 5 dollas in savings. I called them yesterday after I got the check card to be sure I had the right checking account number to fill out a direct deposit form. CSR was extremely pleasent. So all in all it took me about a week. Then again, I only signed up for membership savings and checking. No credit products.

Message 5 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@beanie7132

I am glad it worked for you as quickly as it did for me 8 years ago. They are a very good CU and the issues the other poster have had/having were quite disturbing.
Message 6 of 15
ElCamino
Contributor

It almost seems like if you happen to apply for their CC during the membership application you need to jump through all sorts of hoops just to get your membership approved.

Amex BCE: $16.5k, Discover It: $5k, Chase Freedom Visa: $10k, Fidelity Amex: $7.5k, PenFed Cash Rewards Visa: $3.5k, CapOne Union Plus MC: $4.5k, Barclays Upromise MC: $5k, BoA Cash Rewards 123 MC: $1.5k
Message 7 of 15
beanie7132
Frequent Contributor

@09Lexie

I do think the majority of people having the issues seem to have applied for credit at the same time as membership. I read a bunch of threads on DCU before joining and Im thankful I had a good experience with joining. I do not plan on applying for credit with them for about 6 months to a year bc my credit is still in the clean up phase. I would suggest for future memberships what others have stated in the forums these past few weeks - that membership is gained first before attempting any creit products. It might make the whole thing easier. 

For the OP - have you tried contacting them to ask about your membership? Did you apply for credit products at the same time as joining? I am curious as to what reasons they gave you for it taking so long. 

Message 8 of 15
InOZmK
New Contributor

So, I applied on Sunday, 4/28, at like 4 in the morning.  I know, I couldn't sleep.  I got the same e-mail that most of you are getting (from what I have read), and immediately sent a copy of my DL, and a utility bill, via e-mail.  The next e-mail indicated that I would be getting a response within 1 business day.  I had heard nothing since, so after reading, and wondering when I'd find out, I just went to their website.

They have a chat option where you can chat with a live agent.  I gave them my application number.  And he put me on hold, and gave me an answer immediately.  Don't know how much to believe yet, since I've read so many horror stories.  They told me I was approved, so I was jazzed about that, but again, won't believe it until I see it.

I was wondering because I saw the $5 charge on my card pending, which was similar to others' stories as well.  Some have ended in denials, and some approvals, so just letting you know that the $5 pending thing is normal.

Now, it's just a waiting game.  I'll come back and update on Thursday, as that would be a nice 48 hours from today.  Good luck all!!

TU - 683 (Discover 8/28/2014)
EQ - 693 (9/8/2014)

My wallet: Cap One Venture VISA Sig $7.5k, Cap One Platinum $5k, Cap One Quicksilver $2.25k, Cap One Quicksilver One $1k, Chase Freedom $2k, Discover IT $800, Total Rewards $6k, AMEX ED $1k, Barclays Rewards $5k, Barclays Arrival $1k, First Savings $750, Bank of America Better Balance Rewards $1k, Walmart $400
Message 9 of 15
02whiteem2
Established Member

My experience was painless. I applied for membership and was instantly approved but didn't get my member number. I waited a few days and got my Debit PIN. I was worried about not having the member # and heard of the horror stories so I contacted them thru chat and while they couldn't give me specifics on the account, they did tell me that my materials were in the mail and all was well. A few days later everything came in. Apped for a CC last week and approved without any hassle. Use the chat feature if you have any problems with them. They are very helpful and even better yet they are open until 9PM EST which i find amazing for a bank.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.