cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any reason not to ask for a CLI on my PayPal Credit line (through Synchrony)

tag
JNesbit89
Contributor

Any reason not to ask for a CLI on my PayPal Credit line (through Synchrony)

I have had this account since May 2015, and last year July 2020 I had it raised from $1,870 to $5,700. I did this since I know it's a soft pull and not a hard one! After that, I also had it increased, this time January 2021, from $5,700 to $8,600.

It's been more than 6 months since the last time I applied for a CLI, maybe hoping to get to $10,000 or higher. Unless I shouldn't?

Been waiting to buy a big thing or two using this account. And having a higher limit will help my over credit limit, which is $21,600.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Any reason not to ask for a CLI on my PayPal Credit line (through Synchrony)

As long as your utilization percentages are in check I dont see a problem asking for an increase. I would shoot for 15K they will counter if they cannot approve the entire amount.

Message 2 of 8
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Re: Any reason not to ask for a CLI on my PayPal Credit line (through Synchrony)

No harm in asking with Sync. Ask for whatever you want. But most likely if approved, you'll hit their soft cap of $10K. Who knows for certain. Good luck!

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 3 of 8
JNesbit89
Contributor

Thanks! I requested $12,000 and instead got $10,000! So that's the soft cap? Does that mean you simply can't get more under normal circumstances? I'm happy either way. And today I got an email from Citi, telling me my Citi Double Cash card randomly increased in limit from $3,200 to $4,700. Not sure why, but I've been using that card a lot and kept the payments on time.

Message 4 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@JNesbit89 wrote:

Thanks! I requested $12,000 and instead got $10,000! So that's the soft cap? Does that mean you simply can't get more under normal circumstances? I'm happy either way. And today I got an email from Citi, telling me my Citi Double Cash card randomly increased in limit from $3,200 to $4,700. Not sure why, but I've been using that card a lot and kept the payments on time.

Depends on your overall profile, as your profile matures bigger jumps are possible. Known soft cap stops with Synch are 10, 12, 17, 25K

Message 5 of 8
JNesbit89
Contributor

Interesting. I wonder what they consider a "maturing profile". Had paypal for a long time, and PayPal Credit for a long time. Perhaps because my income stagnated this year? I need a new job sometime in the next few months. Maybe in 6 months I'll try to 12k lol

Message 6 of 8
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@JNesbit89 wrote:

Did you call or request on line.   The rule used to be that the online request maxes out at $10K, to get more you have to call

Message 7 of 8
JNesbit89
Contributor

I requested online 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.