cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any recent success getting a PC to Cap1 Savor?

tag
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

Any recent success getting a PC to Cap1 Savor?

I tried to get  a CLI for my wife's 6 yo Cap1 Platinum, but since we only put a Spotify monthly fee on it each month Cap1 said "no, no, no... you don't use it enough to justify the SL you already have."  Well, we get rewards from our QS so why would I put anything on this card?

So, by using the Cap1 upgrade link someone here provided a while back (here's the link for those that want it:  https://verified.capitalone.com/sic-ui/#/esignin?Product=Card&Action=ProductUpgrade  ), I see that her Plat can be upgraded to Venture and saves us the $19 AF of the Plat.  I'm not interested in travel rewards just yet (at least not this card anyway).  The Savor One card fits us much better, but it isn't available through the upgrade link.

I was shot down via Chat for the PC to Savor today, so I may call to try my luck.

I've found conversations here where some were able to PC their cards to Savor, but that was prior to the new version of Savor cards.  I don't see many success stories (if any) getting a PC to Savor or Savor One since last Summer.

Has anybody had recent success at getting a PC to Savor???  If so, please share any tips that may help convince Cap1 they really want to do this for us!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any recent success getting a PC to Cap1 Savor?

Not possible. The cards haven’t been available for PC since the revamp. I try every month. 

Message 2 of 14
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

That's what I was afraid of, no luck.  To avoid the AF, we need to switch quickly.  I know its only $19, but I'm being stingy!

Probably going to accept the PC to Venture tonight.  Which means the Savor PC's will become available tomorrow morning.  Give it try tomorrow and be sure to give me the good news that you got that PC to Savor!  LOL

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last time I talked to them on the phone about it, they seemed pretty confident that the Savor cards will not be available for PC any time soon and invited me to apply for it.

If it wasn’t a pull on each bureau, I would go for the Savor One (I cant hit the spend for the Savor without incurring interest along the way) but meh. They can keep their card. I’ll keep my QS because it’s my oldest card and charge a couple bucks every few months. Smiley Frustrated
Message 4 of 14
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Welcome, @Duke_Nukem. Smiley Happy

Are you being offered the Venture or the VentureOne? The reason I ask is because the Venture has a $95 annual fee. The VentureOne has no fee.

After you upgrade, there'll be no further PC offers for six months. Once that period has elapsed, I'd bet that Capital One will have started offering Savor and SavorOne PCs. When Capital One finally offered PCs to the previous interation of the Savor, they were handing them out all over the place.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Personally I would just app for the Savor or Savor One and get the sign up bonus. $150 for Savor One, $500 for Savor. Then close the Platinum card. Product changes don’t qualify for sign up bonuses.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just app for the Barclays Uber. It's like a better Savor One anyway.

Message 7 of 14
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Usually I’d say it’s best to just app for the new card. Then you get the SUB. 

This is completely unrelated, but what does the chain link symbol next to the title mean?? Lol I see it a lot but have no idea what it means....

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 8 of 14
JaseT
Established Contributor

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Usually I’d say it’s best to just app for the new card. Then you get the SUB. 

This is completely unrelated, but what does the chain link symbol next to the title mean?? Lol I see it a lot but have no idea what it means....

It means that the first post has a link in it.

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 9 of 14
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Personally I would just app for the Savor or Savor One and get the sign up bonus. $150 for Savor One, $500 for Savor. Then close the Platinum card. Product changes don’t qualify for sign up bonuses.

Of course, in this case, Mrs. OP wants to salvage a 6-year old card. PCs offers from Capital One starter cards with fees to no-fee mainstream cards are rare, and she should take what she can get.

Once she has the no-fee card, there'll probably be other offers down the road. I jumped when I was able to to PC two QuicksilverOnes to Quicksilvers. When Savor PCs opened up a little over six months later, I PC'ed one of the cards again.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.