Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any rewards program for Oasis

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Any rewards program for Oasis

Is there any rewards program that we can enrol for the charges on Oasis? I am not sure if it is allowed into any of the rewards program. Any one know?
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any rewards program for Oasis

As far as I know- they only way to get rewards on Oasis is to have a green.

concorduser wrote:
Is there any rewards program that we can enrol for the charges on Oasis? I am not sure if it is allowed into any of the rewards program. Any one know?

Message 2 of 12
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

How can we have green on oasis? Do we have to apply for green card? No way I am apping for any more card with Amex. If no rewards on Oasis then I'll use it sparingly for next few months.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also pretty sure AMEX does not CLI Oasis,

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

DW tries for a CLI on Oasis every month or so. It's always a no answer. Might have her call and see about converting it to a Blue now that it's about 8 months old.

Not much luv comes outta AMEX on the Oasis CC. You get the CC, you behave, and perhaps in time they give you something.

However, check out DW's experience with Oasis.

You can apply for Green and Delta, and depending upon your FICOs perhaps even qualify for Blue.

Message 5 of 12
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Hi Noah, I am not much for apping any new cards with Amex at least for next 6 months. I did not have much luck when I tried to Delta Card. I'll use my Oasis sparingly for next few months.  I am not going to app Amex for next 6 months.  Too much headache dealing with them.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oasis in ineligible for any change of terms such as APR, CLI, and so forth.  You're stuck with the product for at least a year.  You're welcome to request luv, but it's not going to be approved.  Ineligible.  And you cannot convert the product.  You must apply for a new product after 12 months have passed.  You're welcome to apply at any time, but it's most likely going to be a decline until a year has passed, and you should at least have a 650...recommended 680, actually for a welcome mat from amex.
Message 7 of 12
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I have $5K CL on my Oasis and my Scores close to 700 now. I have no love with Amex to apply for a new card. If they dont give me rewards, then I'll use my VISA/MC which gives me generous rewards. It just feels better I have paid off my old debt and in return I got my card back. Other than that, I have noting in common with Amex. At least not for now.
Message 8 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I think the reward available for Oasis is getting that bad history erased! Smiley Wink

I would kill to have an option like that on my two bad cards...
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 12
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Nothing bad reported ever on my CR from Amex. That is not a incentive in my case. I'll use the card sparingly for next few months and then put it away. I have Biz Cards with out PG. I would be using them as much as possible so reduce the debt exposure to me personally.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.