cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any success with cold app'ing with Amex?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any success with cold app'ing with Amex?

Is this a common thing to not have any prequalified offers show up on AMEX's website?

I've been trying to use their system for about a month now, I forgot I had my credit locked at first and unlocked it and tried several times again after and NOTHING.

Has anyone had success with cold app'ing with Amex?

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Any success with cold app'ing with Amex?

Yes, you don't need a preapproval to be approved for AMEX cards. Based on your profile you look solid for just about any card in their lineup IMO assuming you have no negative items in the past that include AMEX like BK.

Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no baddies, the only issue I run into with banks is my short history. But I dont think it should be an issie here. Another question if you don't mind me asking..... in the event that I get denied for any reason, would they be able to approve me for another card with that HP or would they have to do another HP for that?

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I never got any pre-apps from them since they started doing them and then cold apped them for a 10K approval.

No they won't reuse the HP for another card.  Once you're in though it's a SP for additional cards provide they show "pre-approved" and not "expand your membership" when you click apply.

Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should be fine cold apping for Amex with your score. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 24
Andypanda
Established Contributor

For the past 6 months or so I was trying to prequal for the amex bce with no luck. last week I gave in and cold apped, and was approved with a $10,500 Sl.

Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh wow! Congrats thats a great SL, hopefully I get something like that or at LEASTTT $5k lol Smiley Frustrated What scores did you have when you applied?

@Andypanda wrote:

For the past 6 months or so I was trying to prequal for the amex bce with no luck. last week I gave in and cold apped, and was approved with a $10,500 Sl.

Message 7 of 24
Andypanda
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh wow! Congrats thats a great SL, hopefully I get something like that or at LEASTTT $5k lol Smiley Frustrated What scores did you have when you applied?

@Andypanda wrote:

Amex always pulls ex which was at 740. AAoA was 1y1m, youngest acount was4 months.

Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve cold app’d on every AMEX card I have .... 7 of them and been approved instantly every time. All with soft pulls other than the first..
Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes. most of my approvals last year were all cold apps. AMEX for sure. you can read my old post if you want from 2018. anyway, yes. i got the BCE and the Delta blue skymiles. both SL $1K. wasnt much. but got my foot in the door and im gardening really well for over a year now. 

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.