cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any tips on getting a CLI with Household Bank/First Premier Bank?? !!!

tag
Lovelygal31
New Contributor

Any tips on getting a CLI with Household Bank/First Premier Bank?? !!!

I've had my FPB card for 18 months and still no CLI. I paid in full each month and most of my credit each month!! =( I've never been late. I've had my Household for about a year now and do the same. I can handle the credit and pay it back in full each month!

FPB $250CL

HH $320CL

Are there any phone numbers I can call and request a CLI? Any tips? Should I threaten to close my accounts?? Thanks!

P.S. - I also have the Kay card. Any way to get a CLI with them? Thanks!

Current Score: TU 633
Goal Score: EQ 720 TU 720 EX 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

Re: Any tips on getting a CLI with Household Bank/First Premier Bank?? !!!

Most of the tips were posted in the forum already regarding CLIs for Household (HSBC) and First Premier Bank (FPB).  Just perform a search in the upper-right of this page (just below the Community tab).

Message 2 of 6
FicoScore626
Frequent Contributor

@Lovelygal31 wrote:

I've had my FPB card for 18 months and still no CLI. I paid in full each month and most of my credit each month!! =( I've never been late. I've had my Household for about a year now and do the same. I can handle the credit and pay it back in full each month!

FPB $250CL

HH $320CL

Are there any phone numbers I can call and request a CLI? Any tips? Should I threaten to close my accounts?? Thanks!

You can request a credit line increase from FIRST PREMIER's website. They charge a fee for an increase and it's a hard inquiry. They charged me $25 for a lousy $100 credit line increase and I got a hard inquiry to boot.

Message 3 of 6
vish1
Valued Contributor

@FicoScore626 wrote:

@Lovelygal31 wrote:

FPB $250CL

HH $320CL

You can request a credit line increase from FIRST PREMIER's website. They charge a fee for an increase and it's a hard inquiry. They charged me $25 for a lousy $100 credit line increase and I got a hard inquiry to boot.

I am rendered speechless. They are really creative in their ways of making money. "CLI fees" never heard of it. Hope other CCCs are not listening

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 4 of 6
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@vish1 wrote:

@FicoScore626 wrote:

@Lovelygal31 wrote:

FPB $250CL

HH $320CL

I am rendered speechless. They are really creative in their ways of making money. "CLI fees" never heard of it. Hope other CCCs are not listening

Some cards have a 50% CLI fee.   It is outrageous.   First Premier is the bank that should never be recommended.   

Message 5 of 6
FicoScore626
Frequent Contributor

@vish1 wrote:

@FicoScore626 wrote:

@Lovelygal31 wrote:

FPB $250CL

HH $320CL

Sometimes the road to credit recovery is filled with potholes. Smiley Wink First Premier Bank and their crazy policies are one of those potholes. But, they're simply a means to an end. They've pretty much served their purpose and are so getting the boot hardcore before my second anniversary with the card come July.

An addendum to my original response.

I could be wrong but I don't think First Premier does auto credit line increases? At least I've never heard of anyone getting one from them. You have to make a request for an increase and deal with their insane fees and hard inquiries.

I've had my HSBC 2% Mastercard with a credit limit of $320 since October 2009 and didn't get an auto increase until about a month and a half ago. My limit went from $320 to $420, a lousy $100, but at least it didn't cost me anything, lol.. Maybe if I wasn't carrying a balance at the time the increase may or may not have been a little more? I'll never know.

As for getting an increase with Kay Jewelers. I don't have a card with them but I do have a card with their sister store JAREDS and despite the stories I've heard of customers being told they had to head into the stores to ask for an increase, I received an auto increase without doing so and while making payments on a purchase. Had charged something way past my limit and they eventually increased that limit while I was still making payments.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.