cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to get Amex to activate a canceled card that was never activated?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any way to get Amex to activate a canceled card that was never activated?

@Anonymous wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:
OP please tell me you are not going to try to get the account disputed / deleted off your CR It is now almost a year old. It is now boosting your AAoA. It is a clean, closed account. I have something like 8 closed CC accounts. They are a non-issue in scoring. Enjoy the AAoA boost.

Yeah I am going to leave it alone, it just looks like a black mark when someone is reviewing my credit report manually. I guarantee Chase would see that 2 month account and say “he’s a churner! Don’t approve!”

Don't worry too much. You have plenty other accounts to show otherwise.

Amex app supposedly will produce a popup to inform you about no-SUB, although the experience from others have been less than perfect, some people got no pop during app and later were told they won't get sub.

To be  on the safer side, see if any other amex card you are interested. Gold is always a good everyday card.

Message 21 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any way to get Amex to activate a canceled card that was never activated?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:
OP please tell me you are not going to try to get the account disputed / deleted off your CR It is now almost a year old. It is now boosting your AAoA. It is a clean, closed account. I have something like 8 closed CC accounts. They are a non-issue in scoring. Enjoy the AAoA boost.

Yeah I am going to leave it alone, it just looks like a black mark when someone is reviewing my credit report manually. I guarantee Chase would see that 2 month account and say “he’s a churner! Don’t approve!”

Don't worry too much. You have plenty other accounts to show otherwise.

Amex app supposedly will produce a popup to inform you about no-SUB, although the experience from others have been less than perfect, some people got no pop during app and later were told they won't get sub.

To be  on the safer side, see if any other amex card you are interested. Gold is always a good everyday card.

Honestly the only card that would be useful to me is the BCE for groceries but I did get the pop up that I am not eligible for the SUB and the application was declined as well, I called and requested manual review. If I get it, I get it. If I don’t, I just won’t have Amex in my wallet. Their offerings aren’t irreplaceable - my cashRewards card is a better card than Cash Magnet, both in APR and potential rewards thanks to Navy’s Member Mall and my BBVA card can do the heavy lifting for 3% on groceries when I choose. I was just hoping to have the BCE so I have a dedicated groceries 3% card and I can use my BBVA 3% for utilities but it’s not a huge deal anyway, it’s a $24 a year loss throwing my usual grocery budget of $200 on BBVA at 2% instead of Amex at 3%, hardly worth losing sleep over. 

I will never have the kind of spend with my low income that will offset losses from an AF so all AF cards are out. 

Honestly the only cards that would round out my wallet would be a BCE for groceries, a 2% (probably will be filled by the PayPal card, we will see what I think of Sync as I start using my Amazon card), and Freedom and Cash+ - I can’t get either of those until 2020 at this point and the Cash+ I may still not be able to get since I had to burn USB in my Chapter 7. Otherwise I have a solid wallet right now for my needs. 

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.