cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody PC from Chase Freedom to Sapphire Preferred?

tag
mmduluth
Frequent Contributor

Re: Anybody PC from Chase Freedom to Sapphire Preferred?

@CS800 wrote:

@tntexans72 wrote:

@CS800

Since you are in with Chase...use the Freedom card and wait 6months or 1yr down the road...app for the Sapphire Preferred to get the signup bonus. I am pretty confident you will get it. GL.

Yes i was thinking about maybe getting the Sapphire Preferred sometime in 2013. This way I would have established a good history with Chase.

But would i be able to PC the Freedom if i wanted?

I was given the option yesterday to PC my regular Freedom with a 3k limit to the Sapphire or Sapphire  Preferred in my choice of either World Mastercard or Visa Signature. I decided I liked my Freedom too much and just apped for the Sapphire and was approved but to answer your question; yes, it is possible.

EQ FICO - 718 - 01/10/2012 EX FICO - 732 - 04/28/2012 (AMEX)

Cap1 Platinum (1000) Macy’s (2000) Chase Freedom (3000) Kohls (600) Best Buy (2700) Amex BCE (8200) Chase Sapphire (5000) CarCare1 (1600) Discover IT (4000)
Message 11 of 32
CS800
Super Contributor

@mmduluth wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@tntexans72 wrote:

@CS800

Since you are in with Chase...use the Freedom card and wait 6months or 1yr down the road...app for the Sapphire Preferred to get the signup bonus. I am pretty confident you will get it. GL.

Yes i was thinking about maybe getting the Sapphire Preferred sometime in 2013. This way I would have established a good history with Chase.

I was given the option yesterday to PC my regular Freedom with a 3k limit to the Sapphire or Sapphire  Preferred in my choice of either World Mastercard or Visa Signature. I decided I liked my Freedom too much and just apped for the Sapphire and was approved but to answer your question; yes, it is possible.

Great, thanks for the info

How long have you had the freedom?

Message 12 of 32
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@mmduluth wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@tntexans72 wrote:

@CS800

How long have you had the card?

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 32
mmduluth
Frequent Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

@mmduluth wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@tntexans72 wrote:

@CS800

How long have you had the card?

Good question. I think just over 2 years. I got my first auto CLI from 2k to 3k two months ago. That was a long wait but I love the card.

Cap1 Platinum (1000) Macy’s (2000) Chase Freedom (3000) Kohls (600) Best Buy (2700) Amex BCE (8200) Chase Sapphire (5000) CarCare1 (1600) Discover IT (4000)
Message 14 of 32
CS800
Super Contributor

@mmduluth wrote:

Good question. I think just over 2 years. I got my first auto CLI from 2k to 3k two months ago. That was a long wait but I love the card.

So you called customer service and asked the if you could PC or you got a message from them offering you the PC?

Message 15 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the plain Sapphire also Visa Signature or just the Sapphire Preferred?

Message 16 of 32
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Thanks!!

Mine just hit the 6 month mark so it'll take more time before possibly becoming eligible. I'm definitely not coming out of garden mode for a new card or CLI.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 32
mmduluth
Frequent Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@mmduluth wrote:

So you called customer service and asked the if you could PC or you got a message from them offering you the PC?

I got a message saying that I could product change to the Sapphire. I asked if I could just upgrade my Freedom to a Visa Sig and they said no. Yesterday before I apped for the Sapphire, I called and asked if they were offering a PC for any particular reason and the rep I spoke to was actually very blunt and said that Chase is marketing the Sapphire pretty hard and they are trying to get current customers to switch over. Apparently, if you have a Freedom you can PC.

The only thing is, she said that if you have the Freedom (which has no annual fee) you can't PC to the Sapphire Preferred until you've had it for over a year because the Card Act will not allow it. I say if you're looking to product change, just send them a secured message. They will answer all your questions through there and they are usually really fast about it. Most of mine were less than an hour.

Message 18 of 32
mmduluth
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Is the plain Sapphire also Visa Signature or just the Sapphire Preferred?

I haven't gotten mine yet, but they gave me a choice of Visa Sig or World MC so I guess they are both the same. The only difference is

1. The preferred has metal in the middle that makes it heavier than a normal card

2. You get 2x points on Travel expenses

3. Some kind of annual dividend on the amount of points you've accumulated throughout the year.

Message 19 of 32
CS800
Super Contributor

@mmduluth wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@mmduluth wrote:

I got a message saying that I could product change to the Sapphire. I asked if I could just upgrade my Freedom to a Visa Sig and they said no. Yesterday before I apped for the Sapphire, I called and asked if they were offering a PC for any particular reason and the rep I spoke to was actually very blunt and said that Chase is marketing the Sapphire pretty hard and they are trying to get current customers to switch over. Apparently, if you have a Freedom you can PC.

The only thing is, she said that if you have the Freedom (which has no annual fee) you can't PC to the Sapphire Preferred until you've had it for over a year because the Card Act will not allow it. I say if you're looking to product change, just send them a secured message. They will answer all your questions through there and they are usually really fast about it. Most of mine were less than an hour.

Good info. I will wait until my Freedom ages a bit

Now a PC is a soft or hard pull?

Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.