Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody have a Cap 1 Visa signature?

tag
p-
Valued Contributor

Anybody have a Cap 1 Visa signature?

Just did a nifty exec dance with Capital One and achieved the elusive soft Credit Limit Increase.  I also asked to be product changed to the Cash Rewards Visa Signature card, but am not sure if that's exactly what I'm getting.  My CL is 10k now, my rewards include the 50% bonus, and there is a new card coming in the mail, but I was so excited that I forgot to ask her if I was getting the Visa Sig card.  Der.  

So, while I wait for the postman, is there anything to the Signature benefits?  Have any of you actually used them and for what?  How does it compare to the Amex?  I read the benefits guide but nothing really jumped out at me as something I had to have, except travel upgrades would be nice.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Re: Anybody have a Cap 1 Visa signature?

The official Capital One Visa SIgnature portal has details: http://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/lp/visa-signature/

Message 2 of 13
p-
Valued Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

The official Capital One Visa SIgnature portal has details: http://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/lp/visa-signature/

Yeah, I saw that but is it really that good?  It promises hotel upgrades but doesn't list them...  just a booking site.    It says there will be entertainment exclusives but the only one on there now is a fandango discount.  It has a few restaurant discounts and a winery deal, but nothing impressive...  Have you ever taken advantage of anything nifty with your signature cards?  Nice wallet, BTW.

Message 3 of 13
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

I don't feel that that the VisaSig adds anything more than what I already have with AMEX.  

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 4 of 13
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Visa sig will add NPSL to your card (anything over your limit must be PIF by that months due date), and will also add a few other benefits which will probably come with your card in a packet (if you got the siggy version). Cap1 siggys + world MCs DO report their limits afaik btw. 

If they don't automatically send you the siggy just call up regular CS and ask em for it. Shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Congrats on your CL. 

Message 5 of 13
p-
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

Visa sig will add NPSL to your card (anything over your limit must be PIF by that months due date), and will also add a few other benefits which will probably come with your card in a packet (if you got the siggy version). Cap1 siggys + world MCs DO report their limits afaik btw. 

If they don't automatically send you the siggy just call up regular CS and ask em for it. Shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Congrats on your CL. 

Thanks...  Even if I don't use it it will be somewhat satisfying to get the siggy card, considering a few years ago I was lucky to get a 300 dollar Orchard...

Message 6 of 13
mxp114
Valued Contributor

@p- wrote:

@mxp114 wrote:

Yeah, I saw that but is it really that good?  It promises hotel upgrades but doesn't list them...  just a booking site.    It says there will be entertainment exclusives but the only one on there now is a fandango discount.  It has a few restaurant discounts and a winery deal, but nothing impressive...  Have you ever taken advantage of anything nifty with your signature cards?  Nice wallet, BTW.

Visit http://www.visasignaturehotels.com/ for details on the Visa upgrades and offers. Capital One doesn't seem to offer anything beyond the standard suite of benefits provided by Visa, so what you see on the official Visa.com/Signature site is all you get. Some lenders like Chase offer specific concierge services or seperate offers for hotels or airlines. Thanks, I just put my main cards since I have also have a few store cards such as Amazon and JCP.

Message 7 of 13
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

My ex has the Cap One Cash Visa Siggy (the green one) lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 13
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

I have one of these cards too and it is my daily pull from my wallet.

The NSPL is quite nice. Earlier this fall, I was able to run an $11,000 charge through the card and I only have a $5,000 limit. Prior to this charge (daughet college), I called them and told them what I wanted to do. They were very nice and told me a charge of $25,000 would not be a problem.

If I cannot get a better reward from another card for the spend, I will use this card.

Congrats! You will for sure like having this card in your portfolio.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 9 of 13
p-
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the info!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.