cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody have luck with U.S. Banks "check for recommended offers" ?

tag
jasonkm1
Regular Contributor

Anybody have luck with U.S. Banks "check for recommended offers" ?

I read that they are pretty tough to get a card with, but I'm surprised i could only qualify for their prepaid debit card. I was planning on apping for their Carlson Card sometime next year, and was curious about so my chances so I tried their "check for recommended offers" link since it would only involve a soft pull and I still have that credit approval addiction. I'm don't know which CB they pull from; I have 5 inq on TU, 4 on Eq and 3 Ex. Average age of accounts 2.8 years according to Credit Karma and no baddies. I have a lending club loan with 3700 remaining, and 4000 balance on credit cards with total credit line of around 70,000. My fico is 767 on Juniper and 774 on Discover. Just curious if any others had luck with their pre-approval soft pull offers and how their credit profile is compared to mine? I'm guessing maybe the 5 inquiries or low average age of accounts hurt me?

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
parkman
Regular Contributor

Re: Anybody have luck with U.S. Banks "check for recommended offers" ?

That recommendation seems like a slap in the face with those kinds of scores! I got the same result myself as far as the debit card, but I thought it was due to my 655 TU! Maybe it's a glitch in their system?
All I have for this forum is bubblegum and anecdotal evidence, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
Message 2 of 23
nmac
Regular Contributor

I just tried the "check for recommended offers" and was recommended the debit  card. On my last discover statement my TU fico was 691I would have to agree that this tool seems useless. Although a month ago I tried the chase tool and didn't have any offers but was approve for a freedom card shortly after. I guess I have rarely seen a prequal tool that I though was worthwhile. 

Quick Silver 2k - Discover 4.3K - Chase Freedom 7.6K - Venture 13K
Citi Double Cash 3.5K - Amex SPG 5K - CSP 5K - Arrival+ 3K
SW Premiere 5K - Citi TY Premiere 3.7K - FNBO Sun Country 3.6K
BOA Cash Rewards 5K - DCU Platinum 10K - Spirit 5K
Message 3 of 23
K9Veteran
Established Member

I just tried it (Ck for Recommended offers) and got the same thing, a Pre Paid DEBIT card, LOL Smiley Surprised  My TRUE FICO with TU is 799, both my home and car are paid for and my debt ratio is 2%. U.S Bank sure is loosing quite a few customers with a flawed system like this. I don´t need another card but if I did they would be low in my list in applying given their DEBIT CARD response.

Message 4 of 23
parkman
Regular Contributor

I don't think it's something you should take personally. If you have a high score and you know it, you could probably apply for anything and have a great chance of being approved. Just a glitch in their system, more than likely.
All I have for this forum is bubblegum and anecdotal evidence, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
Message 5 of 23
toppers555
Established Contributor

I just tried it and select find my best offer. gave me recommend U.S. Bank Visa® Platinum Card and contour.

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 6 of 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@parkman wrote:
I don't think it's something you should take personally. If you have a high score and you know it, you could probably apply for anything and have a great chance of being approved. Just a glitch in their system, more than likely.

+1

Message 7 of 23
K9Veteran
Established Member

I didn´t take it personally, what I meant was that if their system is having problems, I would worry about being turned down even with good credit and then having to apply someplace else, then adding another credit check to my history, that from what I am reading here is not a good thing-

Message 8 of 23
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@jasonkm1 wrote:

I read that they are pretty tough to get a card with, but I'm surprised i could only qualify for their prepaid debit card. I was planning on apping for their Carlson Card sometime next year, and was curious about so my chances so I tried their "check for recommended offers" link since it would only involve a soft pull and I still have that credit approval addiction. I'm don't know which CB they pull from; I have 5 inq on TU, 4 on Eq and 3 Ex. Average age of accounts 2.8 years according to Credit Karma and no baddies. I have a lending club loan with 3700 remaining, and 4000 balance on credit cards with total credit line of around 70,000. My fico is 767 on Juniper and 774 on Discover. Just curious if any others had luck with their pre-approval soft pull offers and how their credit profile is compared to mine? I'm guessing maybe the 5 inquiries or low average age of accounts hurt me?

I see I'm not the only one...lol! I also got "approved" for the debit card. There is definitely something in error with their pre-approval system. 

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 9 of 23
ptilda
Established Contributor

I got the debit offer too, but not surprised. Just had a bunch of new cards opened. I have my checking & savings at BOA currently, but had a debit come out accidentally twice this week for a student loan payment (I have to call them on that tomorrow), so lots of stuff doesn't look very good to them, I'm sure.

My Wallet:Fidelity Amex $1K, DCU $3.9K, US Bank AeroMexico $300, Quicksilver $1.3K, Cap1 secured MC $750, DiscoverIT $200, Care Credit $5K, Sportsman Guide Visa $3K, Kay $3K, Jared $3K,American Airlines CC $3K, Amazon $2.9k, Walmart $2.2k, Macy's $800 revolving/$5k furniture, Comenity retail cards $5.55kStarting Score: 618Current Score: 711
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.