Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody reinstate a closed WaMu card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anybody reinstate a closed WaMu card?

I have a closed Wamu card.  Has anybody here ever get a closed wamu card reopened?  Just wondering if they have any type of policy on that.

My wamu cc has quite a few lates,   If there was any chance of reopening maybe I could age-off the lates with some "good" payment months....just a thought....otherwise I am stuck with it for another five years

Live Long & Prosper,
ctRob

Message Edited by ctrob on 08-12-2007 05:44 AM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anybody reinstate a closed WaMu card?

Yeah, all you have to do is call them and say you want to reopen your account. If closed with a balance in your account, it will become debt. It does not matter if you closed or not because it will appear on your credit report either way. So, if you are worried about the lates on the account, it will show anyway.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Redamagon wrote:
Yeah, all you have to do is call them and say you want to reopen your account. If closed with a balance in your account, it will become debt. It does not matter if you closed or not because it will appear on your credit report either way. So, if you are worried about the lates on the account, it will show anyway.

Understood, they will still show, but they show now as stagnant, no activity.  Thirteen lates in the last 24 reported months.  Last payment May 2006 and no activity after that except for the Paid notation.  The last month reporting is July 2006.  It will report like this for the next 6 years and then drop off of my reports. 

But if the card is reopened it will (hopefully) start reporting the new activity for each month and the old bad months will start to drop off as that 24 months of history moves forward.  Correct?  or am I missing something?

I will try it.....it's worth a shot

ctRob
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

After being closed that long- i doubt they will re-open.

It is worth trying though....
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.