cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone CSP w/less than a year history ?

tag
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: Anyone CSP w/less than a year history ?

@Mustangfrank wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

Have you tried to CLI your amex cards yet?

The 61st day is coming up. 

I plan on applying for the 3x CLi.

Just not sure which card to apply  the CLi for the BCE 3k or the Amex costco TE 10k

Get your BCE to 9k

it looks nicer =) and 1 account too high can be easier to trigger a fiancial review

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 11 of 34
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Mustangfrank wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

Just not sure which card to apply  the CLi for the BCE 3k or the Amex costco TE 10k

I know everyone is saying go for the big increase. I still think increasing the BCE first would be the way to go. Just doesn't seem like a good idea to leave it so far behind. Creditors may wonder why you have such a low limit card on your reports.

With the backdating, I don't think you will have any problem with the chase approval. I got approved with lesser credit that you and I didn't even have an account with them. I don't think you need to worry about transferring money into their accounts. I feel that won't do you any good. I agree with the other guy in that you should get the freedom card. No AF and the perks of the checking account bonus. Add CSP if you get approved for the freedom. The limit they give you on the freedom will also give you an idea of how they judge your credit. You can app for it now and let us know how it goes.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 12 of 34
Mustangfrank
Regular Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@Mustangfrank wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

I have a AAOA of little over a year, but I did have a student loan 7 years ago paid in full. I got a CSP approved instantly. I only have 14 month solid credit reporting but I have a quite a bit of cards on my reports + my Chase bank account has over $50,000 and from what I was told if you have a Chase account with over $10,000 it increases your chances tremendously.

With your scores it shouldn't be a problem.

I do have a checkng account with them but do not have $10,000 in it.

I guess I could move some more  money into it.

Remember if you have a checking with them apply for a Freedom card next =)

Checking + Freedom = 10 extra points every time you use it.

5 points off Freedom catagories transfered to Sapphire = 20% bonus for travel for total of 6points 

This is what people like to call Chase Trifecta

So technically you could do $1 purchase on Freedom on a catagory  spending, get 5 points + 10 points + 20% off a $1 purchase. that's 18 points for that $1 spent =x

Wow !

Thanks distantarray for the information 

I definitely will do that.

Very interesting.

Amex Zync NPSL 9/12, Amex CostcoTrue Earnings $10K 9/12
Amex BCE $3K 9/12 (Amex Back Dated to 1983)
Chase Sapphire Preferred $17K 11/12, Chase Freedom $7K 11/12
Discover More $750 11/12
CapitalOne Platinum Secured Card 2K 2/12 (Closed 12/12)
FICO: EQ = 804 EX = 802(Amex) TU = 801(Discover)
Message 13 of 34
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@Mustangfrank wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

Get your BCE to 9k

it looks nicer =) and 1 account too high can be easier to trigger a fiancial review

He is currently at 1k on the BCE.

That is what I said too, but he made another thread for this and it seemed like everyone was saying to raise the high limit card. I didn't agree.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 14 of 34
Mustangfrank
Regular Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@Mustangfrank wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

Get your BCE to 9k

Ok, so i go for the 3x to get to 3k and in 6 months go for the 3x 9k

Discover More $750 11/12
Message 15 of 34
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

@Mustangfrank wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

Get your BCE to 9k

That is what I said too, but he made another thread for this and it seemed like everyone was saying to raise the high limit card. I didn't agree.

for some reason I thought it was 3k but nice catch, personally I would raise BCE because if I was manually reviewing a 1k limit next to a 10k limit would raise an eyebrow kinda makes me wonder if he did something to piss off that one card, many things can trigger decreases and if I was personally reviewing it I would question it. I like consistancies on my accounts. Now I have good cards I'll cancel my secured cards and take my money back. With Chase trifecta, BCP, and Navy Federal I'm more than happy. I'll wait a bit before I apply for US Cash + that's the only other card I'm looking for since it has BILLPAY as a 5% category since my family owns 2 businesses and we can all use it to pay "bills"

Message 16 of 34
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Mustangfrank wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

@Mustangfrank wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

Get your BCE to 9k

Ok, so i go for the 3x to get to 3k and in 6 months go for the 3x 9k

Sounds Great I think, and plus requesting more limits is pretty useless but it looks pretty. Remember just to manage it properly it should be fine for most people. Unless your pushing atleast 5-10k+ minimum on your credit cards each month I wouldn't worry about too high of a limit, luckily my Navy 17k creditline saves my ass for the credit / debt ratio reportings.

Message 17 of 34
Mustangfrank
Regular Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@Mustangfrank wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

I know everyone is saying go for the big increase. I still think increasing the BCE first would be the way to go. Just doesn't seem like a good idea to leave it so far behind. Creditors may wonder why you have such a low limit card on your reports.

With the backdating, I don't think you will have any problem with the chase approval. I got approved with lesser credit that you and I didn't even have an account with them. I don't think you need to worry about transferring money into their accounts. I feel that won't do you any good. I agree with the other guy in that you should get the freedom card. No AF and the perks of the checking account bonus. Add CSP if you get approved for the freedom. The limit they give you on the freedom will also give you an idea of how they judge your credit. You can app for it now and let us know how it goes.

Ok, Thanks.

I will Apply for it and I will report back.

Discover More $750 11/12
Message 18 of 34
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

@Mustangfrank wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

Get your BCE to 9k

for some reason I thought it was 3k but nice catch, personally I would raise BCE because if I was manually reviewing a 1k limit next to a 10k limit would raise an eyebrow kinda makes me wonder if he did something to piss off that one card, many things can trigger decreases and if I was personally reviewing it I would question it. I like consistancies on my accounts. Now I have good cards I'll cancel my secured cards and take my money back. With Chase trifecta, BCP, and Navy Federal I'm more than happy. I'll wait a bit before I apply for US Cash + that's the only other card I'm looking for since it has BILLPAY as a 5% category since my family owns 2 businesses and we can all use it to pay "bills"

I am so close to Cash+. I have a $4,000 limit on a US Bank card and they want a $5k limit on it before I can PC. I also have the flexperks sig. So it will be nice to have both.

I have the freedom with a $5k limit. Is adding the CSP worth the AF? I opened up a checking account.

Yeah, I also like to keep my limits similar.

Message 19 of 34
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Mustangfrank wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@Mustangfrank wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

Ok, Thanks.

I will Apply for it and I will report back.

How many INQ's are you up to in the last 6 months, 1 year?

Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.