Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone Get any Luv from HSBC Dicover?

tag
Takunda1
Established Contributor

Anyone Get any Luv from HSBC Dicover?

I called and was denied over the phone, I asked to speak to a Sup and was told "All I can do is put a note in your account, and someone will call you." Well no one ever did. On their website they say,  "HSBC is currently not accepting individual requests for CLI." Is this normal? I have a $2300 CL and was hoping to boost it by another $1K at least.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
diva0969
Regular Contributor

Re: Anyone Get any Luv from HSBC Dicover?

From what I've read, they do NOT accept consumer requests for CLIs.  I had also called for an increase upon activation and was promptly denied.  They also sent a letter stating the same.  No consumer requests, they'll give me one when they're ready!
Starting Scores: 12/14/14 FICO EQ: 579 EXP: 586 TU: 591
Current Scores: 12/29/15 FICO EQ: 643 EXP: 667 TU: 670
Goal: 750

Message 2 of 4
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Be prepared for crappy service and irrational policies. That's HSBC! In general they pretty much act like they could care less whether they have your business or not. They effect a total sub-prime mentality.

I have a Direct Merchants Bank/HSBC card issued at CL=$1,000 about 8 years ago. I did receive two auto CLI's=$500 each, the most recent now over a year ago. They also jacked my rate as well, too. Now you cant ask for a CLI and you cant ask for an APR reduction. So the card is SD'ed and buys me a lunch once a quarter. (For all I know I am at the max CL for that card now. But how would you know - you can't get any information from them!) Worst part is I am sure they just don't care. And don't let an HSBC issued card go unused for too long. They will close accounts for inactivity in a heartbeat. Happens all the time.
Message 3 of 4
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I *think* concorduser has posted about getting a CLI on the HSBC Discover card in the past.
Here we go again...
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.