cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone NOT get the CLI on Discover bandwagon?

tag
manyquestions
Established Contributor

Re: Anyone NOT get the CLI on Discover bandwagon?

Discover been hating on me for three years with no increase. I've been around 0 for 10 on the CLI attempts.  When I saw all the hoopla I gave it a shot and BOOM!  Congratulations 1k increase.  LOL. No harm in going for it. 

Message 161 of 241
codimom
Frequent Contributor

Well thanks to your post I hopped on the wagon... I would never allow a hard pull for an increase, but this weekend i asked and got a 1500 bump with a soft pull!  yay for my utilization!!!!

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 162 of 241
TURNERHOOVER
Established Contributor

I'm hoping to, the end of this month marks 90 days since the opening of my account. Hopefully a nice cli will be waiting there to congratulate me on a job well done PIF every month. 

EX 727 | EQ 720 | TU 740

FREEDOM 4.5k | BCP 9.5k | DISCOVER 2.5k | ARRIVAL+ 7.5k | RITZ CARLTON 15k
No new Apps till Dec 2016
Message 163 of 241
Anonymous
Not applicable

About 1.5 weeks since my last increase of $2.5k. Just did it again and got a $4k increase to bring my limit to $15.3k. That's about 3x the limit I have on any other card.

Message 164 of 241
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

About 1.5 weeks since my last increase of $2.5k. Just did it again and got a $4k increase to bring my limit to $15.3k. That's about 3x the limit I have on any other card.

I blame it on you. 

Here I was sitting nicely on a round figure of 10k which I had got like 3 weeks ago. You made me push that button.

Ok 1.5k increase right now. I'll take it. But this makes my card have a weird limit of 11.5k.

Smiley Very Happy

Oh and congrats on your 4k increase Smiley Tongue

Message 165 of 241
mikelo22
Established Contributor

Still no CLI. Discover truly hates me. Smiley Sad

Message 166 of 241
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got 500 cli and then a few days later I tried again and got a letter in the mail saying not long enough with current limit.

I wonder if I can try again now. Hhmmm
Message 167 of 241
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I got 500 cli and then a few days later I tried again and got a letter in the mail saying not long enough with current limit.

If your next statement has closed since the last attempt I say give it a shot Smiley Wink Worse they can say is no

Message 168 of 241
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If your next statement has closed since the last attempt I say give it a shot Smiley Wink Worse they can say is no

Oh my statement didn't close and I tried again. Worst case they'd say no Smiley Tongue In this case, they said yes Smiley Very Happy

Message 169 of 241
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

@Ghoshida wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh my statement didn't close and I tried again. Worst case they'd say no Smiley Tongue In this case, they said yes Smiley Very Happy

I received an increase on 4/2 and tried for another a few days latter.  I received a letter suggesting that they were unable to approve the request considering I just received an increase and they needed to see how I handled the new limit.  

For the heck of it - i tried it again a few moments ago and got the same message.  I am going to wait until after my statement closes and try again for the heck of it.  LOL.

I want to get the account to 10K.

Message 170 of 241
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.