cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone NOT get the CLI on Discover bandwagon?

tag
chanteezy1006
Contributor

Re: Anyone NOT get the CLI on Discover bandwagon?

Nope still an instant denial lol. I hit 6 months next month maybe ill be lucky then lol

MY FICO SCORES EQ:641 TR:691 EX:680as of 04/10/2015
Message 151 of 241
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just hit the luv button and was offered $1,000. It's still a bit too low, considering it's my 1 year anniversary with this card, I'll take it nonetheless.

Message 152 of 241
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was denied because I just got one at the beginning of Feb (~4 months after account opening). Smiley Sad It was only a $1k bump though, so I kind of wish I'd waited since Discover seems to be going nuts right now.

Message 153 of 241
blessed-man1980
Contributor

Smiley Happy I just got 1k increase with Sp ..Discover is great ..My limit is now at 5,500

Message 154 of 241
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

Been on a cruise out of the country for the past 7 days. As soon as cell reception hits I visit the forums to see what's going on and saw this thread. Even though I receieved an auto $500 CLI last month, I tried and instantly receieved a $1,000 CLI. I am over 50% util on this card.
Message 155 of 241
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

After poking my head in here earlier this week, I got a $1.5K increase.  The first CLI ever on this 2 yr old card! 

Thanks to the heads up!

Message 156 of 241
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

After poking my head in here earlier this week, I got a $1.5K increase.  The first CLI ever on this 2 yr old card! 

Thanks to the heads up!

Same here. Finally something AND with a generous SP to boot!

Very first CLI from Discover. Approved for 1.4K in August 2013.

Message 157 of 241
blessed-man1980
Contributor

My account is three month old and this is my second CLI . First  was 500 about a month a go and now 1000 . 

Message 158 of 241
Anonymous
Not applicable

As an employee of a big CC company, I can confirm that CLIs are getting much looser in the industry. Even Capital One is loosening up. The charge off rates remain at historic lows, so it's a great time to ask.
Message 159 of 241
Sharingan
Established Contributor

I've had a Discover card for almost 3 years now, and I have never seen a CLI. They are firm about hard pulling for one, and I'm just not interested enough to agree to that. It has been my lowest credit limit ever since I got it and will continue to sit at 1500 within 140k in available credit. I must say that I love their customer service though!

Message 160 of 241
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.