cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone Seen this Citi thank you PREFERRED Offer Anniversary Bonus up to 3%?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Anyone Seen this Citi thank you PREFERRED Offer Anniversary Bonus up to 3%?

My partner gets offers at least 1 a week for Bank of America and Citi (I hate BofA so give little look to them, nd the never offer anything past 12 months and 1,2,3%) but this is the BEST Citi offer I have ever seen based on 18 months 0% then up to 11.9% (Which I feel is good these days, no Tiers either!) and this up to 3%, so after being Cardholder for 2 or more years, each year at end of that year you will earn 3% back on your thank you points of the year (not bonus)

so...

1. Has anyone else gotten this, got it?

2. Is this new as I think or does anyone have a card that they earn annual bonus?

3. If I'm reading you can earn 1%... 1% all year then get 3% on that, so would that give you 4% on ALL purchases if they don't stop the offer and you keep account good and all that or is it 3% on say your $1000 worth of point value off the 1%. that would suck! LOL

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Anyone Seen this Citi thank you PREFERRED Offer Anniversary Bonus up to 3%?

One ofmy besties got the TY Preferred... She got 0% for 15 mos and then a 15.9%, but I think that customer annual bonus is standard with the TY Preferred card
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 2 of 6
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

We looked at this a year ago, but my wife ended up going with the premier version (which eventually gets to 5% bonus and has an assortment of travel benefits she utilizes). It was there at least a year ago. The interest rate is tiered, but Citi pre-approvals often include a pre-specified interest rate. From their web site, "The standard variable APR for purchases for the Citi ThankYou Preferred Card is 12.99%,16.99% or 22.99% based on creditworthiness". So you are getting a targeted offer.

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 3 of 6
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

1. Has anyone else gotten this, got it?

2. Is this new as I think or does anyone have a card that they earn annual bonus?

3. If I'm reading you can earn 1%... 1% all year then get 3% on that, so would that give you 4% on ALL purchases if they don't stop the offer and you keep account good and all that or is it 3% on say your $1000 worth of point value off the 1%. that would suck! LOL

I PCed my Dividend to TYP. This is not new, all TYP earn annual bonus.

No, it is actually 1.03% max. You earn 1 TY point per dollar spent, and at the end of calendar year you get 3% on TY points you already earned. So 100 TY points means you get extra 3 TY points. Simliar to how Chase Sapphire Preferred works; 2.07% return per dollar spent.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is a 3% bonus on points earned.  So if you earned 10,000 points, you would get a 300 point bonus.  It's like getting 1.03 points per dollar spent, not 4, that would be kinda nuts, when in fact it's barely worth mentioning.

Message 5 of 6
rudy0720
Regular Contributor

That is normal for Preferred. That is what I have. It goes between 1-5% for Premier after so many years

Citi Thank You Premier Visa Signature-$9K, Citi Thank You Preferred Vis Signature-$8.3K, Citi AA Signature- 8.5K, Citi Simplicity 9.2K, Citi Diamond-6.1K, Lowes-$10K, Chase Sapphire Preferred- $ 5K, AMEX BCE $14.5K, AMEX Starwood Preferred $15K, ,AMEX Everyday-$5K, Fidelity Amex-$10K, US Bank 123 rewards Kroger-$17K, Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature-$30K, Amex Delta-$10K, Barclay Arrival Plus- $10K, Penfed Travel Rewards Amex-$10K, Bank of America Cash Rewards- $14K
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.