cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone app for 2nd card to combine to 1st card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone app for 2nd card to combine to 1st card?

I also "eventually" plan on doing this with Capital One. After about 2 years, my prequals FINALLY changed last week to a Venture Visa and Quicksilver Visa. I want to app RIGHT NOW!! ...but it wouldn't serve a purpose because I have no use for either card at the moment. I wouldn't want to waste the $400 sign up bonus for the venture or the 0% APR for the quicksilver. I'll eventually get both (or one if that new 6 month Cap One rule is true) when the time is right and combine them into my existing QS1. Or... Who knows... Could end up keeping the card as well... Especially the Quicksilver Visa. I don't have any Visa Signature cards... Though I doubt I'd use the "perks" it has a nice ring to it lol

18 of my 20 inquiries fall off next year, so I'm in no rush to add a triple pull for just the sake of a higher CL at the moment. But once those fall off, I could care less (than I already do now) of the pulls. Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

It just seems bogus to me that people stuggle to get a CLI on their card and if they do it's a minor amount like $500 but that same creditor is willing to extend them another line of credit for $5k, $10k, whatever.  It just makes no sense to me.

I've got a $4k QS card right now through Cap One that's seen only two $500 CLI's since it started at $3k.  I have no doubt in my mind that if I applied for another Cap One card now I'd get approved for it and without question the SL would be greater than my current QS limit.  It's just annoying to me because I don't want another Cap One card, but I would like a healthy CLI on my QS as it's a card I use a lot and could use the greater credit limit.

Message 22 of 27
Gmood1
Super Contributor

That's the only reason I apped for more. I tried for CLI's for 8 years..not one increase.

That one card never budged off $1100. I say skin that cat the way it works for you.

Message 23 of 27
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone app for 2nd card to combine to 1st card?

This is SOP for many Chase customers.

Message 24 of 27
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It just seems bogus to me that people stuggle to get a CLI on their card and if they do it's a minor amount like $500 but that same creditor is willing to extend them another line of credit for $5k, $10k, whatever.  It just makes no sense to me.

I've got a $4k QS card right now through Cap One that's seen only two $500 CLI's since it started at $3k.  I have no doubt in my mind that if I applied for another Cap One card now I'd get approved for it and without question the SL would be greater than my current QS limit.  It's just annoying to me because I don't want another Cap One card, but I would like a healthy CLI on my QS as it's a card I use a lot and could use the greater credit limit.

From my experience it depends a lot on what tier card you opened up. If you opened up a rebuilder, generally speaking, they don't give huge CLI's with that type of card. You're more apt to get a larger CLI with one of their "excellent credit" cards. I see you said you have a QS. Was that opened up as a QS or was it PC'd from their platinum card? That could play a part as well!

Personal:

Business:

Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

That may play a part in it as I did PC from the Platinum as you suggested.  However, there are plenty of people out there with limits on their Platinum that are twice my QS limit so while what you said could certainly be a factor, it isn't a set in stone type thing. 

Message 26 of 27
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That may play a part in it as I did PC from the Platinum as you suggested.  However, there are plenty of people out there with limits on their Platinum that are twice my QS limit so while what you said could certainly be a factor, it isn't a set in stone type thing. 

Oh most definitely not. One thing I've learned from this board is there is not set in stone type of thing with credit. There are always outliers. It just seems that's an ongoing trend with what we're discussing. They of course always consider your income, reports, etc. C1 is also (from what I've learned here Smiley Happy ) a company that loves for you to use their card. Heavy usuage also resorts to seemingly larger CLI's. As always, YMMV. I wish you luck in your credit goals!

Personal:

Business:

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.