cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone apply for the Merrill Lynch Visa with 50,000 point ($500 cash) bonus that's going on now?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone apply for the Merrill Lynch Visa with 50,000 point ($500 cash) bonus that's going on now?

@elim

And see I love the sparkles on the card. Smiley Very Happy

Message 91 of 153
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone apply for the Merrill Lynch Visa with 50,000 point ($500 cash) bonus that's going on now?

@Anonymous wrote:
@BronzeTrader

You're not understanding at all. I clearly said (non-ATM) cash access credit cards.

90%-95% of all credit cards you don't have this option with, what most credit cards do have is a basic cash advance option to be used ONLY at an ATM.

For example, with PenFed and RBFCU you have 100% cash access to your total credit limit like with this ML card

With Alliant Credit Union it's 25% of the total credit limit and with NFCU it's 30% (some people are grandfathered in at 50%).

For most of CCs, you can request superchecks. Then write youself a check to deposit to your own checking account. What is the difference vs transferring from ML to your checking account directly?

To CC comapanies, this is much safer than allowing people to take out cash at ATM. So most CCs have low cash advance line. But with superchecks, you can get to the full CL. 

Message 92 of 153
Anonymous
Not applicable

dp for this card. I have a bk7 that dced in 2011. 120 late in 2012. perfect history after that. No relationship with merrill or bofa. Was told it was declined when i called in. Went through a recon process for about 25 min asking a lot of questions. After answering correctly i guess, they approved me for 5000 sl to"see how i do" lol. 

Message 93 of 153
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hate to be rude, but as a late comer to this thread can someone give me the lowdown on this card and what makes it stand out from others? It's a super long thread so would hate to read through all of it...
Message 94 of 153
Involver
Valued Contributor

Wow I totally missed this until today.

Will be apping tomorrow.
Message 95 of 153
Anonymous
Not applicable

App'd today at 9am.  Waited and waited all day thinking it would show up online. Never did. Called app status and said approved, 15k.  I must have missed the timeline to get it overnighted because it seemed to be a fairly complicated thing for them to get it done. I ended up speaking to 3 different people after getting stuck in a loop on app status it kept asking me for the last 4 digits. Finally after providing my username they were able to look up the whole thing, and eventually said no they could not overnight it because they needed to send out the terms of the agreement for the card.  I could care less quite frankly!  Just can't decide if I am going to app for a BBR or not. Have about 1 hour left to decide!

Message 96 of 153
csryang
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

App'd today at 9am.  Waited and waited all day thinking it would show up online. Never did. Called app status and said approved, 15k.  I must have missed the timeline to get it overnighted because it seemed to be a fairly complicated thing for them to get it done. I ended up speaking to 3 different people after getting stuck in a loop on app status it kept asking me for the last 4 digits. Finally after providing my username they were able to look up the whole thing, and eventually said no they could not overnight it because they needed to send out the terms of the agreement for the card.  I could care less quite frankly!  Just can't decide if I am going to app for a BBR or not. Have about 1 hour left to decide!

You should have called right after you app. That way you could recon the app if there's any issue and you could have it expedited to you right there. After that, app for BBR or another card, and then repeat the process of calling credit analyst to have it expedited as well like my applications today Smiley Happy

I think Credit department is closed now though... I heard that if your app is pending and you call recon the day later, you might end up with another HP.

Message 97 of 153
Anonymous
Not applicable

@csryang wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You should have called right after you app. That way you could recon the app if there's any issue and you could have it expedited to you right there. After that, app for BBR or another card, and then repeat the process of calling credit analyst to have it expedited as well like my applications today Smiley Happy

I think Credit department is closed now though... I heard that if your app is pending and you call recon the day later, you might end up with another HP.

Yeah something came up and I had to deal with it unfortunately.  So should I just take the chance and app for BBR anyway realizing theres a potential to call in tomorrow?  I kinda am glad I didnt rush it something tells me that would not have looked good. I can't believe it hasn't appeared in my account yet.  They said it would come this week at least??

Message 98 of 153
csryang
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@csryang wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah something came up and I had to deal with it unfortunately.  So should I just take the chance and app for BBR anyway realizing theres a potential to call in tomorrow?  I kinda am glad I didnt rush it something tells me that would not have looked good. I can't believe it hasn't appeared in my account yet.  They said it would come this week at least??

Sure why not. If you really want BBR, just app for it. Worse case is another HP tomorrow when you call. 

Message 99 of 153
Anonymous
Not applicable

@csryang wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@csryang wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sure why not. If you really want BBR, just app for it. Worse case is another HP tomorrow when you call. 

I mean its not like the BBR is on the chopping block....yet... we already have 2 in the house as it is....and I just look back to september '15 when I applied for amtrak, virgin to BoA, with a totally different profile, app'd for BBR and amtrak, denied, then recon'd amtrak, denied, then reapplied as joint, approved, 2k limit highest apr, took 5 months to have the account split at a 15k limit.  I really like bank of america, I just need some encouragement.  I was also shocked to see that all the inquiries to open the amtrak merged into one.  Just not the 2 or 3 inquiries I used for increases on the card. I figure I can look at this as a special separate miracle and later on do alaska and BBR. I dunno what to do.

Message 100 of 153
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.