cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone approved for Chase or citbank credit cards with Bankruptcy still showing (7 years ago)

tag
alaneagle1
New Visitor

Anyone approved for Chase or citbank credit cards with Bankruptcy still showing (7 years ago)

Anyone approved for Chase or citbank credit cards with Bankruptcy still showing (7 years ago).

Current credit scores all over 750 with over 50,000 in unused credit and no late payments whatsoever

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone approved for Chase or citbank credit cards with Bankruptcy still showing (7 years ago)

There have been some Chase approvals, it looks like the Amazon Visa May be a way in, but you probably will have to recon
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone approved for Chase or citbank credit cards with Bankruptcy still showing (7 years ago)

You best bet is to just type Chase BK into the searchbar of this forum and see all the various intricacies of getting in with Chase with a BK reporting.

There are dozens (if not more) different stories on how various folks did it, but their profiles varied enough that there's no one-size-fits-all method.

Message 3 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Citibank , yes , various store cards and DC.
Message 4 of 12
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Citibank is IIB in my BK7 dc in 01/2011 although they closed my acct way before that. I’ve applied for their CCs 2X in the last 24 months. Declined both times and recon’d twice. The EO told me on both occasions that they’ll take me in 7 years post which will be in a couple of months from now. If you didn’t burn them they’ll most likely take you back in less than 7. As always YMMV, but just to share my experience. Hope this helps and Good Luck!
Keep us updated please.
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 5 of 12
MAZDA3
Frequent Contributor

I was approved for the IHG card 3 years 11 months after burning Chase in my BK. It took two recons despite the loss to Chase being less than $1k. But a loss is a loss to a bank. I haven't tried for other Chase cards since but I will in 2019 when my BK falls off. Right now Barclays and Citi love me the most.

I did not burn Citi but it did take until year seven to get approved for the Hilton card, one year later was approved for the American Airlines card. For some reason Barclays thinks I IIB them in BK. I did not but every app has to go to recon. Annoying, but they always approve me.

I do use the IHG card at least five times a year for hotel stays.

Message 6 of 12
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@alaneagle1 wrote:

Anyone approved for Chase or citbank credit cards with Bankruptcy still showing (7 years ago).

Current credit scores all over 750 with over 50,000 in unused credit and no late payments whatsoever

Hi and welcome to the forums!!

There have been several here on the forums who have gotten back in with both. Im barely over 4 yrs post BK7 DC, and was approved the Amazon Visa on like a 3rd recon (and they were IIB).  Their computer system will auto decline you for BK showing, so you have to call in to the BD# and recon it!! Be prepared to tell your life story, provide a blood sample, and long hold times with several back and forths with questions......but worth it IMO!!! Smiley Wink

p.s....as one poster suggested, use the search feature up on top of page and type in "Citi and BK", and "Chase and BK" etc....you'll find threads, and it will be good for you to read those! 

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

If your BK was 7 years ago, why not just wait the last few months or so?

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@alaneagle1 wrote:

I am post chap.7 bk (12/10).  I applied for a chase unlimited freedom 6/2016.  It went to review, and I called immediately.  I was questioned by the representative and approved for a cl of 1k.  I have asked for a cli twice, both times denied, the reason was the bk.  

Today I applied for the IHG credit card, it also went to review, I called and was denied.  The only reason stated was my bk.  They pulled experian, I have a 715 score, 100% on time payments and 7% utilization.  Income is 84K+ yearly.

Good luck with Chase, if they give you a card, it is likely not to grow.

Message 9 of 12
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

I was approved after recon for the freedom with 5 k limit...chapter 13 was discharged but still reporting. It was 5 years since file date 3 months after discharge date.

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.