cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone approved for a CitiBank Secured with prior BK?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone approved for a CitiBank Secured with prior BK?

I pray your daughter is in remission and you never have to fight that beast again.

I would call or visit your local Citibank to get answers to your questions. Best of luck!
Message 11 of 33
shalane85
Frequent Contributor

Unfortunately I do not live near a local branch.

My daughter is in remission and doing well. Thanks!

Message 12 of 33
sjt
Senior Contributor

@shalane85 wrote:

Unfortunately I do not live near a local branch.

My daughter is in remission and doing well. Thanks!

Have you tried credit unions and b of a

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 13 of 33
shalane85
Frequent Contributor

I have not tried a credit union or Bank of America. I did have a Navy Federal card but it was closed during my last BK. It was paid off. I was hoping to let my new CC age at least a year before I reapply for NFCU.

Message 14 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Discovery Secured is a great card to have. I'm coming up on my 1 year with it on Friday. Hopefully it unsecures. And good luck on your path of repairing your credit.
Message 15 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

*Discover*
Message 16 of 33
creditguy
Valued Contributor

First off I am glad to hear your daughter is doing better. Secondly do not feel embarrassed about having to file bankruptcy. Life happens and we must do what we have to do to get through it. Bankruptcy exists for scenarios like yours and thankfully so.

As others have stated you might want to consider a secured discover card if you are looking into a secured card. Citi will tie up your money for a minimum of 18 months before graduation is considered, opposed to 12 months with Discover. Discover allows you to add additional funds to increase your limit, citi I have read does not. Most importantly discover gives you all the rewards just like you had a regular discover card whereas citi's card offers nothing but a high intrest rate. The call is yours and I wish you the best of luck in your rebuild.
Message 17 of 33
shalane85
Frequent Contributor

Thank you all for the feedback. Since a few of you are mentioning the discover card I will definitely look into this. Do you think I will qualify for this card with my recent BK? I thought discover was not BK friendly.
Message 18 of 33
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Discover usually prefers thin files and have been very BK friendly to some even with their unsecured cards.
Message 19 of 33
shalane85
Frequent Contributor

That's good to hear. Aside my debts IIB or paid off, I only have two open capital one cards and a fingerhut account.
Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.