cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone belong to MCU - Municipal Credit Union ? + List of Some NY Credit Unions

tag
irod1277
New Contributor

Re: Anyone belong to MCU - Municipal Credit Union ?

I'm curious to know if the OP ever opened an account with MCU & if anyone knows how difficult it is to get approved for one of their credit cards?  Thanks.

Message 11 of 27
xchap
Contributor

Re: Anyone belong to MCU - Municipal Credit Union ? + List of Some NY Credit Unions

very easy to join if you work for city agency

...good bank......

gave me 16k personal loan and a 13k credit card @ 9.15% ( at the same time)

paid the loan off

now Credit card raised to 15k.

i believe they pulled Eq....  had 700+ credit score at the time.

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 760
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 27
quest208
Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone belong to MCU - Municipal Credit Union ? + List of Some NY Credit Unions

to answer your quesiton i did not apply for MCU yet.

i do not know how hard it is to get credit products but i am not prepared to apply for an MCU card yet.

my mom-in-law has an account there so it should be fairly easy for me to get an account with them.

if you are eligible, i say go for it

TU08 762
NFCU Visa Signature $20,000, Citi Prestige $15,500, USAA Mastercard $11,000, American Express Platinum, Barclays American Express $4700, Best Buy Mastercard $400, Orchard/Capital One $700
Message 13 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

MCU helped me to rebuild my credit. I can't thank them enough! During my rebuilding process, MCU approved me with an 20k auto loan! That was with only 1 $200 limit orchard cc on my report. One year of credit history, and I even had a judgement on TU, CO, collections on EX lol. I called them and they only ask me few questions about the CO. Very easy to work with, and only need to show them the latest pay stub while getting the check from the branch. Fico TU 696 at the time, they pulled TU and EX

Message 14 of 27
quest208
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

MCU helped me to rebuild my credit. I can't thank them enough! During my rebuilding process, MCU approved me with an 20k auto loan! That was with only 1 $200 limit orchard cc on my report. One year of credit history, and I even had a judgement on TU, CO, collections on EX lol. I called them and they only ask me few questions about the CO. Very easy to work with, and only need to show them the latest pay stub while getting the check from the branch. Fico TU 696 at the time, they pulled TU and EX

thank you for this insightful info.

helpful.

was not sure if they require latest paystub

TU08 762
NFCU Visa Signature $20,000, Citi Prestige $15,500, USAA Mastercard $11,000, American Express Platinum, Barclays American Express $4700, Best Buy Mastercard $400, Orchard/Capital One $700
Message 15 of 27
irod1277
New Contributor

I have 1 judgment that I'm paying off & have 6 small Cl cc that I pay on time each month. I'm worried because my score is so low. I will give them a call tomorrow.

Message 16 of 27
Helpmeraiseit
Valued Member

I have MCU because I get paid 2 days earlier through them. They are very nice.I have a car loan with them and i just got approved for a Visa card. You can do the app over the phone and they will even go through your report with you. If they see any dings they will just ask you to explain the situation at that time. All they require is id and last paystub.

Good luck

Message 17 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Helpmeraiseit wrote:

I have MCU because I get paid 2 days earlier through them. They are very nice.I have a car loan with them and i just got approved for a Visa card. You can do the app over the phone and they will even go through your report with you. If they see any dings they will just ask you to explain the situation at that time. All they require is id and last paystub.

Good luck

I just joined MCU with a checking and savings, set up direct deposit and I get paid Thursdays, so are you saying that you get your money 2 days earlier then on the payroll???

Message 18 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone belong to MCU - Municipal Credit Union ?

I just joined and set up direct deposit so are you saying they post early somehow?  my  normal paydate is Thursday.'s bi weekly

Message 19 of 27
PepsMomNYC

MCU Member

I know I'm late but thought my experience could be useful.  I'm an MCU member since early 2013.  I have a checking and savings account with them and get me direct deposit on there.  I applied for a credit card May 2014 and got approved with a credit line of $500 with a credit score of 646 at that time on Transunion - which is where they pulled from.

Hope it's helpful!  Also, Capital is pretty good for re-establishing credit; They gave me a new card with $500 also and sent me a letter stating that every 3 months my credit limit will go up as long as I use the card at least once a month and make on-time payments.

Pep's MOM
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/html/assets/challenge.png
Starting Score: 540
Current Score: 680
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.