Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else can't...

tag
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Re: Anyone else can't...

I lay it out a month ahead of time. (Wife ALWAYS MESSES UP MY PLAN of course)

Then I leave the cards I have said will not get use that month at home.

It saves me a lot of headaches.  (Unless wife finds where I hid them at home of course)

Smiley Happy

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 21 of 25
jakemod1
Regular Contributor

@PSouz wrote:
Reading this thread made me think about how I paid for my sisters baby shower today(for my mom she's paying me, I just wanted the points), it was over 500 dollars so I put it on my cities dividend cars to fulfill requirement and get the 100 dollar bonus, and than realized I could have used my freedom (the party was at a restaurant!) and I would have 30 dollars back and figured out a different way to spend the 500 on the dividend, dang!

Yep, that's me! Once I realize I made the mistake, I feel the urge to go back, return and repurchase. I don't, of course, since that would be really silly and unnecessary. I just end up feeling really guilty that I didn't potentially earn the maximum rewards possible Smiley LOL

Discover IT: $20,5k | Chase Freedom: $5k | CSP: $7k | Amex BCE: $25k | BofA Cash Rewards: $12,4k | Citi DC: $8,4k | Cap1 QS: $6k | Commence: $11k | US Bank Cash+: $8k | Macy's Amex $5k | Kohl's: $3k
Message 22 of 25
jakemod1
Regular Contributor

@Pilotdude wrote:

I lay it out a month ahead of time. (Wife ALWAYS MESSES UP MY PLAN of course)

Then I leave the cards I have said will not get use that month at home.

It saves me a lot of headaches.  (Unless wife finds where I hid them at home of course)

Smiley Happy

I would leave them at home, but I am always paranoid that once I am out and about, I will go buy something and think about how I could've used the card I left at home and would regret not having the card. So with all my intention of leaving some of my cards home, I always end up taking them all with me anyway. I think I have a problem! lol

Discover IT: $20,5k | Chase Freedom: $5k | CSP: $7k | Amex BCE: $25k | BofA Cash Rewards: $12,4k | Citi DC: $8,4k | Cap1 QS: $6k | Commence: $11k | US Bank Cash+: $8k | Macy's Amex $5k | Kohl's: $3k
Message 23 of 25
meesh6036
Contributor

@jakemod1 wrote:

I would leave them at home, but I am always paranoid that once I am out and about, I will go buy something and think about how I could've used the card I left at home and would regret not having the card. So with all my intention of leaving some of my cards home, I always end up taking them all with me anyway. I think I have a problem! lol

Happened to me today! Only got 1% when I could have got 5% on a pretty big purchase. Still thinking about it. 

Starting Score: Low 500's (2011)
Current Score:My Fico - 661
NFCU cashRewards 17.5k | NFCU GoRewards 14k |Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (USBank) 1k | Best Buy 2.8k | Walmart 1450 | Target 300 | Amazon 2.1k | CareCredit 2.6k | Macy's 1.5k | Macy's Furniture 3.5k | Lowe's 3k | Discover It 1.8k
Message 24 of 25
jeffery581
Established Contributor

No, I dont have that problem.

I pick out 1 card before we leave.

I only carry one card at a time.

The other cards stay under lock and key. (For my protection as well as others lol)

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.