cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else do this? Plus Cart trick in 1 of my replies.

tag
fltn
Frequent Contributor

Anyone else do this? Plus Cart trick in 1 of my replies.

Do the shopping cart trick each time something in reports change, like less utilization, baddies fall off, or anything that might make your score go up, just to see if pre-approvals get higher.

I stated at $250, then $300, $500, $700, and now I am up to $2200.

I don't get any cards, just use as a gage.

Even though I have VS started at $250 3 months ago now they pre-approve me at $2200. Weird that it will still pre-approve an existing acct holder.

Currently "freezing" in the garden!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
zerobacan
Established Contributor

Re: Anyone else do this?

@fltn wrote:

Do the shopping cart trick each time something in reports change, like less utilization, baddies fall off, or anything that might make your score go up, just to see if pre-approvals get higher.

Even though I have VS started at $250 3 months ago now they pre-approve me at $2200. Weird that it will still pre-approve an existing acct holder.

interesting... too bad the trick has never worked for me, 3 months ago i got mad at it, apped and got denied for the ugly AF card

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 2 of 9
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

not the shopping cart but I do go see what CC's are offered to me like on creditcard.com

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 3 of 9
fltn
Frequent Contributor

@zerobacan wrote:

@fltn wrote:

interesting... too bad the trick has never worked for me, 3 months ago i got mad at it, apped and got denied for the ugly AF card

Have you moved recently? I could only get it to work using my address from a year ago. For my husband I have to use an address from 6 years ago. If you don't actually apply it doesn't matter.

But if it does pre-approve with an old address, I would apply with new address if you want it, using the non pre approval way, wait for the letter, and then call them. That is what we had to do with my husband, the only reason he was denied with current address is because it didn't match their records and he just had to answer questions.

So most of the denials are because whatever they use to get idendity is somehow old. A rep told me it happens all of the time.

I apped with an old address, got approved and called right away to tell them that I am moving in 2 days (before the 7-10 days to get card) and give them my new (current) address. Worked perfectly.

Message 4 of 9
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Hmm. I never thought to do that. I tried the shopping cart thing with VS and was pre-approved for 1k cl. That was a couple of weeks ago. I didn't apply. I'll be curious to see if I did it again in another few weeks, whether the cl will change. 

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 5 of 9
fltn
Frequent Contributor

@parakleet wrote:

Hmm. I never thought to do that. I tried the shopping cart thing with VS and was pre-approved for 1k cl. That was a couple of weeks ago. I didn't apply. I'll be curious to see if I did it again in another few weeks, whether the cl will change. 

Yeah, I got to thinking about it, if once I was a card holder and had some history if anything would change. Now it is a weekly tool I use to gage myself. and it helps with the itch. LOL

Message 6 of 9
vish1
Valued Contributor

Just tried the Shopping Cart trick on VS and got a pre approved message for $750.

It makes me happy to see pre approvals. Not applying though.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 7 of 9
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@vish1 wrote:

Just tried the Shopping Cart trick on VS and got a pre approved message for $750.

It makes me happy to see pre approvals. Not applying though.

Same...$750

Don't need a VS card though..haha

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 8 of 9
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone else do this? Plus Cart trick in 1 of my replies.

@fltn wrote:

I gave up on the cart trick...I NEVER get any pre-approval message from ANY of them...Smiley Sad

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.