cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else get the Sam's club CC postal mail today?

tag
CCrew
Regular Contributor

Anyone else get the Sam's club CC postal mail today?

Seems Synchrony is switching Sam's club cards to Mastercards. Yeah, I know about the Wal-Mart move away from Synchrony, but what I found extra interesting is the card they show in the mailer isn't branded. Per the mailer all will be switched by 11/18. 

There's a disclaimer that if you don't meet underwriting standards you won't get one, which may mean a SP/HP when your account is switched.  Be interesting to see how this shakes out. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Anyone else get the Sam's club CC postal mail today?

Interesting. Does this letter you receive indicate all current store card members will be switched over or only a selected few?
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had my Sam's Club Mastercard since April 2016.  Started out that way.  I guess you were referring to the store only cards.

Message 3 of 12
CCrew
Regular Contributor

The way it reads it's all. It's not a personalized mail at all, yet includes with it the account terms w/interest rate. Seems pretty generic

Message 4 of 12
CCrew
Regular Contributor

@creditContractor they've historically had 2 cards, one that's good at Sam's/Walmart and a branded Mastercard good anywhere. I had the Store card (4 years or so old)

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Every time I log into my account it shows a blue color card.  Did the mailer have a green or a blue card on it?  Here's an example:

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/pagedetails/content.jsp?pageName=credit

Message 6 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

My Sears card recently was changed over to a MC. Still waiting for my new card but apparently my new account number has already been updated with the CB's , with original history. I'd love the Sam's Club Mastercard but will stink to get a new account if it does change over. If it does, only thing left is the mythical JCPenny MC lol.
Message 7 of 12
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

The bad news is that if Synchrony follows its past history, this upgrade will be a new TL on your reports

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 8 of 12
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Im glad I already have the MC, (have for a few years now), but last month, my card totally changed online to the new dark Blue one. I like the blue one way better, lol!!
Message 9 of 12
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
Im glad I already have the MC, (have for a few years now), but last month, my card totally changed online to the new dark Blue one. I like the blue one way better, lol!!

I've had that card since, maybe March, when they upgraded it to WMC, after I terminated my Sam's Club membership. Smiley Very Happy

The design looks very modern, and suspiciously similar to the Sync's own PayPal Cashback MasterCard (reflective blue, diamond), except that this one still uses embossed card numbers.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.