cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else getting 0% BT offers from these issuers?

tag
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Anyone else getting 0% BT offers from these issuers?

I have gotten several 0% BT offers from Cap1, (active balance) Wells Fargo and just today,  PenFed.   Some are physical mailers and some are via email.  I don't ever recall getting so many from different issuers all within the past two to three months.   Just wondering if BT offers are profile specific or sent out en masse?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone else getting 0% BT offers from these issuers?

I’m getting them like crazy from BBVA and PNC. I think everybody his trying to get BTs to get you to transfer that Christmas spend.
Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 2 of 14
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

I have gotten several 0% BT offers from Cap1, (active balance) Wells Fargo and just today,  PenFed.   Some are physical mailers and some are via email.  I don't ever recall getting so many from different issuers all within the past two to three months.   Just wondering if BT offers are profile specific or sent out en masse?

BT offers seem to be more common after the Holiday's, but I also believe they are profile dependant.

I seem to be getting weekly checks from Chase, HSBC, with online offers from BBVA, Citibank and BoA.

Message 3 of 14
blindambition
Senior Contributor

I'm getting from Chase, Barclays, and Cap One. Avoiding them all. I've seen AA on BT. While these may be profile specific, not risking it.

Message 4 of 14
thornback
Senior Contributor

Yeah - PenFed & Citi send me BT offers constantly.  They both love to send me checks...   I don't know if it's profile specific or just their thing.  I don't carry balances (unless utilizing a BT) but I do have a bit of debt (student loans) resulting in a somewhat high DTI so maybe that's why...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 5 of 14
Ragdollkitty
New Contributor

Only offers I was getting was from Commerce Bank in the mail. I got some BT offers in my online account from some banks with which I already have existing cards.

Message 6 of 14
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@JNA1 wrote:
I’m getting them like crazy from BBVA and PNC. I think everybody his trying to get BTs to get you to transfer that Christmas spend.

Ooh yes. Makes sense- the post Christmas balances.  

Message 7 of 14
Gmood1
Super Contributor

As mentioned earlier, the Christmas after party is what these FIs are hunting for now. lol

Chase, Citi, PNC, Wells Fargo, Penfed, NASA FCU, Navy Fed, BBVA, Commerce bank, BofA, US bank and probably some others I can't remember at the moment. 

They've been flooding the mailbox and email with these offers.

When my overall balances report above $4k or so.The loan offers roll in hard. Lately been running up around $8k a month.

Best egg, Marcus by Sachs, BBVA, Amex, Citi and a few others pester me with loan offers nearly every day.

Sad part is, when you need a loan.

You can't get one. And when you don't. They'll give you keys to the vault. 😂

I was goofing around in my Amex account today. And checked to see what they'd let me go over on a card with a $9k limit.

I bumped it up several times and just stopped asking at $35,000! 😆

Soooo Amex gives me a $9k limit but has no problem allowing me to spend $26k over that? Wow..only in your dreams Amex. Only in your dreams.😂

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One hasn't shown me any BT offer luv since 2018 and Disco offers dropped off in January. 

BBVA is offering me 0% for 6 months with 4% fee, 3.99% for 12 months with 4% fee, and 4.99% for 18 months with 4% fee online at this moment but they usually send me 0% for 12 and 9.99% for 36 BT checks in the mail. 

I wouldn't use any of them right now so it doesn't really bother me but part of me misses Capital One trying to get me to spend. 😂 

Message 9 of 14
issac2x
Frequent Contributor

It's Sears and UMB for me.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.