cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else "Too Good" for Creditonebank?

tag
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

Anyone else "Too Good" for Creditonebank?

I applied and was told that my "credit score exceeds" the limit they have for their cards.

This is bizarre, and a waste of a precious inquiry.

No apps/new accts since 2011

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***
***FICO TRANSUNION 822***

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Anyone else "Too Good" for Creditonebank?

Whats the magic number?

Why creditone if your credit is good?

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe you can call them back (backdoor?), and ask them really nicely if they'll recode it as a soft inquiry so that the next creditor won't count that INQ against you, and think that you're "not good enough".

It's worth a shot.

Message 3 of 13
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

I applied b/c I haven't had a "real" credit card since my 2004 BK, only store cards. After researching, I ended up applying at creditone and orchard. I got approved for the orchard platinum.

My scores range from "not good" at TU to "good" at Experian and Equifax.

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***

Message 4 of 13
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

These cards are for people with either seriously low scores, or no credit. Apparently, your scores are good enough to qualify for much better cards. Maybe you need to buy your scores here and see where you fall, and search for CC in that score range.

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 5 of 13
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

OOPS!! Posted at the same time. If you want another card, I would try Cap One. Then, just use those cards and never pay late!!

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's the thread on BK friendly cards:

BK Friendly Cards

@pazuzu wrote:

I applied b/c I haven't had a "real" credit card since my 2004 BK, only store cards. After researching, I ended up applying at creditone and orchard. I got approved for the orchard platinum.

Message 7 of 13
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

I'm only above 700 at Experian, while I'm just under 700 at Equifax, and below 650 at TransUnion.

So I'm still in recovery. 

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***

Message 8 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

APPLY at Bank of America, Citi, Chase... someone good, not crappy HSBC with 700 scores!!

although if any of those banks were in your bk, probably can't get them.

Message 9 of 13
heirophant
Established Contributor

@pazuzu wrote:

If you don't mind, what are the terms you received from Orchard.   I have heard if you have a high enough score, Orchard will fit you in where you belong, have no AF, good interest rate and good limit.  Just wondering if that is true.  Of course, I have already cancelled my Orchard and would never consider that again,  but I do have an HSBC card that didn't have an AF.  It was offered to me like that, but started with only a $300 limit (now $1,600 ).  So, just trying to see if that is true.
Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.