Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone familiar with VACU? {Virginia credit union}

tag
Eric958
Established Contributor

Anyone familiar with VACU? {Virginia credit union}

I have a Mortgage {8 mths} Personal loan {8,000/7200] siq loan{2500/993]. I want to try for a CC and close Aspen & orchard but I don't want to over do it! Any thoughts?

E!

Never Give Up!!
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Anyone familiar with VACU? {Virginia credit union}

Overdoing what? Or are the loans all from VACU?

Credit unions adore having their members snarf up all their products. If you're in good standing with them, and it sounds like you are, I think that would be a great idea.

Do you know anything about their card? (typical CL's, typical EQ scores, etc.)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 11
Eric958
Established Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Overdoing what? Or are the loans all from VACU?

Credit unions adore having their members snarf up all their products. If you're in good standing with them, and it sounds like you are, I think that would be a great idea.

Do you know anything about their card? (typical CL's, typical EQ scores, etc.)

Yes, all the tl's listed are with them.Thus far I've had an excellent relationship with them. Their cc ads seem to be worth a shot but I can't say I'm familiar with their cards.

Thanks,E!

Never Give Up!!
Message 3 of 11
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

You're probably in good shape with them as long as your payment history is good. Most CU's will work with you.

Find out who they pull if your worried about your inq's, they'll tell you.

I say go for it as long as the cards are competitive and they probably are.

Good Luck

Jax
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 4 of 11
Eric958
Established Contributor

Last call,

Anyone have an account with VACU?

Never Give Up!!
Message 5 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I looked at this CU, but brushed it off because they didn't publish any info on their CCs, like limits, and their branches were a good ways away and would have to jump through hoops in order to join.

Do you like banking with them? Looks like they handle all of their cards in-house rather than outsourcing them.
Message 6 of 11
Eric958
Established Contributor

@llecs wrote:
I looked at this CU, but brushed it off because they didn't publish any info on their CCs, like limits, and their branches were a good ways away and would have to jump through hoops in order to join.
Do you like banking with them? Looks like they handle all of their cards in-house rather than outsourcing them.

Excellent csr's, Best bank I've dealt with!

E!

Never Give Up!!
Message 7 of 11
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

What part of VA are these guys located in? I live in VA and have never heard of them.

I know First Virginia, Chartway, ABNB, NFCU, and maybe a couple others here, but this one doesn't ring a bell.
Here we go again...
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know they're in central and Northern Virginia- we looked at them, but they weren't very impressive compared to First Market Bank, Apple FCU, or USAA.

If you're in NoVA, my husband likes Apple FCU- but they're a lot less wonderful when the nearest branch is almost 2 hours away.

-MsMS
Message 9 of 11
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I know they're in central and Northern Virginia- we looked at them, but they weren't very impressive compared to First Market Bank, Apple FCU, or USAA.
If you're in NoVA, my husband likes Apple FCU- but they're a lot less wonderful when the nearest branch is almost 2 hours away.
-MsMS

Hiya! I'm in Hampton Roads. I'm thinking I should go all out with NFCU since they have been so good to me. I'll probably stick with them.
Here we go again...
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.