cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone get approved for a Unsecured credit card ...?

tag
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Re: Anyone get approved for a Unsecured credit card ...?

@Erika3o3 wrote:

All Right thanks for the replies everyone!

No problem...Just hang in there, some things just take a little time and hard work. Smiley Happy

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 11 of 18
bigman023
Frequent Contributor

Are the all 27 Collections reporting on all 3 reports?  Meaning, do all 3 of your CRs EACH have 27 collections?

If not, which of your CR's has the least amount collections showing?  If you're trying to get a CC, I would try to apply to cards that pull your most favorable CR.   You could also start working on your most favorable CR, and 3-6 months down the line start apping.

Good Luck!

5/2009 EQ-504(FICO), TU98-567(FICO), EX- 503 (FAKO)
10/17/11 EQ-633, TU04-652, EX-681 All lender Pulls
10/17/11 TU98-678
12/21/2012 TU98-677 (39% Util)
01/21/2012 EQ - 661 (37% Util) SW Alert
Message 12 of 18
Erika3o3
Regular Contributor

Thanks Bigman. No not all the collections are reported on all three reports. I know that for sure. Im not sure which is my most favorable I will have to sit down and look after I move in 10 days since my papers are packed up right now. Thanks for your input.

Fico 8 Scores as of 5/29/21
Equifax: 606 / Transunion 641 / Experian 647

Captial One Platinum: $500
Capital One QuickSilver: $2000
Discover IT: $1,500
Kohls: $300
Message 13 of 18
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

I got approved for the Orchard Bank card which is unsecured in 2009, 4 years after filing a chapter 13 BK. I think my score was 620 and I had an auto loan in good standing reporting since 2008. It wasn't instant approval but I was approved for $300 and now the CL is $1100. It was my first credit card after being shutout for almost 10 years.

Do you have any trade lines in good standing on your report such as a auto loan or personal loan? This will increase your chances.

Due to the HSBC transition to Cap1, Orchard Bank is no longer taking apps, which sucks because for a subprime card, their terms are very reasonable unlike First Premier and Credit One.

I think a 560 might be too low and all those collection accounts are killing you. I would continue to garden and work on those.

You can always get a secured card to start and with a year of good history, you should be able to get an unsecured card. But unfortunately right now I think the only unsecured cards you can get is First Premier and Credit One but their fees are atrocious! So I would only get a card from them if you can't get a secured card. Some secured cards graduate to unsecured after a year.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 14 of 18
distantarray
Established Contributor

DO NOT PAY ANY MEDICAL COLLECTIONS WITHOUT RESEARCHING WHYCHATS HIPPA PROCESS FROM CREDITBOARDS.COM PAYING WITHOUT IT WILL SCREW YOURSELF. HIPPA PROCESS WORKS 100% OF THE TIME TO REMOVE PAID MEDICAL COLLECTIONS BUT HAS TO BE DONE PERFECTLY.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 15 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 16 of 18
Erika3o3
Regular Contributor

What Distantarray? You lost me lol

Fico 8 Scores as of 5/29/21
Equifax: 606 / Transunion 641 / Experian 647

Captial One Platinum: $500
Capital One QuickSilver: $2000
Discover IT: $1,500
Kohls: $300
Message 17 of 18
enharu
Super Contributor

ok, this is my guess about what he is saying: when you're trying to pay off certain (or all) collection bills, you need to follow a set of steps, so as to safeguard yourself.

Are you paying them off so they'll delete the collections notations? You have to be 100% sure they'll not be posting a 3-6 year old collection to this year. This will just make the whole 7 year wait become much longer than it ought to be.

I am no collections expert, so I can't tell nor advise you what to do. There's another forums section that you should consult, and if you really want to be on the safe side, talk to an attorney, or an accountant or tax advisor. They will know a lot more than a group of guys (and women) on an internet forums. Most attorneys have 1 free initial consultant, so it's best to just make sure you're doing everything right, since this is a big problem that can potentially stay with you for a long time to come. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.