Since my income status has changed, I pulled the trigger for Sapphire (NOT preferred) last Friday (12/21/12) and got an instant approval online. As I'm reading more and more on Sapphire Preferred, I'm getting greedy to get this one as well. Yes, I plan to keep on BOTH cards for the rewards and benefits.
1. First, does anyone here have both cards? What's your take on this?
2. Applying for 2 cards in 3 day spans would kill my credit scores? Not to mention, I might get turn down on the second card or Sappire Preffered since I'm applying for 2 cards within a few days, not alone in 12 months period with CHASE. Am I being a plain stupid for doing this?
3. I just pulled all 3 scores after the approval of Sapphire:
- Equifax (775 - FICO) with 1 hard pull inquire by Chase and my score never changed
- TransUnion (777 - FICO) with NO indication of hard pull (NO score change)
- Experian (783 - FICO Plus / FAKO) with NO hard pull (No score change)
4. Would you recommend other Signature VISA with a similar benefit instead of Sapphire Preferred since I have a regular Sapphire already?
*** Why doesn't TU and EX show the hard pull with Chase? I'm not complaining but this prompted me to be a little more brave to apply for Sapphire Preferred. At the same time, I'm very concerned about infamous automatic rejections of 2 hard pulls within 12 months with CHASE ***
I'd greatly appreciate anyone's insights on this.
THE CURRENT STATS:
1 WellsFargo Rewards VISA: $5,300
1 WellsFargo Rewards VISA: $7,000
1 American Express Gold Rewards: $12,000 (self check for speding limit approval on the site)
1 Chase Sapphire Signature VISA: $10,000 (per online status - the card is on the way in rushed order)
Thank you in advance and Merry Christmas!
You cannot have Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa and Chase Sapphire visa- Both visa.
However, you can have Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa and Chase Sapphire Mastercard.