Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have a Valero Gas Card?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Anyone have a Valero Gas Card?

I applied yesterday for a Valero Gas Card which is issued with: DSRM National Bank Credit Card

I have never heard of this bank, the first page before going to application it says "Sensible Credit Limits"

Which to me meant little easier to obrain because we are very conservative with credit lines being high because it's just fuel...

I see the hit for EX so Im on hold waiting to check~

EX is my worst so we shal see.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone have a Valero Gas Card?

I do, started out at 300, asked for 500 after about 4-5 months and got it.  then after about 10 months asked for 700 and they gave it to me but i did notice a hard pull.

their is really no reason to get it though becasue there are no rewards for it after the intro period.  i only got it for the intro rewards

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 2 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@ryanbush wrote:

I do, started out at 300, asked for 500 after about 4-5 months and got it.  then after about 10 months asked for 700 and they gave it to me but i did notice a hard pull.

their is really no reason to get it though becasue there are no rewards for it after the intro period.  i only got it for the intro rewards

oh sorry they pulled EQ.

I don't understand why I always end up with these calls.

I talk to first rep and she won't say anything but letter is coming

next guy says same thing, I said was it computer generated or manual review.

"We use Equifax"

I said I know, but did this app get decisioned by computer or person

"We use Equifax and they run the app and tell us if it's approved"

Me - WHAT? Equifax does not make ANY credit decisions!

Him "Yes they do, we use Equifax and they run it through system and tell use if it is approved. You were not."

Me - No, That is incorrect, Equifax CAN NOT make any credit decision for a bank!"

So he transfered me again...

Lady said "I was told you have some questions about Equifax and your credit"

me - "I was asking if you all computer decision apps or manual?"

She said "We use Equifax and a ERI ERS (Shoot knew I would forget!) basically not a Fico score from EQ!

me - Okay, meet minimum score? What is minimum?

her "625, if you don't have 625 our computer insantly denies"

me - "You pulled Vantage and I did not have a 625? OUCH, usually those crazy scores are better then Fico but that's off by at least 25 points"

her" Yes if 625 then it comes over to us and we do all we can to get approved but if not 625 it doesn't even come to us (meaning to look at app) its just denied and letter goes out.

me - okay so does the company tell the reps like the last guy I spoke with that EQ makes the decisions? because they don't"

her - "Ill make sure he understands that we send the app to EQ and they provide us score and if it's not 625 it's denied out in our comp[uter and letter sent.

me - "So EQ DOES NOT make credit decisions, right!?"

her - "I will talk to him and make sure he understands that we make final choice"

I really think she was just trying to get the right words to apease me enough to get off the call, I 100% believe that she did not agree wth me and that she also thinks that Equifax is actually making the decisions for the bank on rather credit is approved or not! That is scary!

Message 3 of 9
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Valero is managed through DSRM bank, maybe the CSRs don't know the difference between a bank and EQUIFAX

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 4 of 9
Ron1
Super Contributor

I have had the card for almost ten years and I got stuck at $300. They were pretty tough to get when I had a few charge-off account. They pulled EQ.  There is no cash back. I think they only reported to TU.

Ron.

Message 5 of 9
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

mine shows up on Transunion as well as Equifax... not postive on experian though

Message 6 of 9
moonman
Frequent Contributor

I 've had a Valero account for six years with a $750 cl with my last auto increase 3 years ago. the letter i got with my last auto cli said that this limit(750) is the max limit for my card so i left it alone.They tried to upgrade my card a few times with an annual fee with services i would never use so i keep declining it.

Message 7 of 9
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

I asked about upgrading mine also because the upgraded "gold" card was supposed to get a discount on gas... they told me the discount was only .01$ and it was no longer available 

Message 8 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Last week when Rep told me it just Auto Declined because of being under a 625 EQ I was shocked... However today when I open the letter for the decline Shocked is the least of my thoughts when I look down and see 576!!

My old Infiniti loan is on my EQ that shows not paid but it's also from 2007 and falls of next year... This is really the first it has changed from INB to just unpaid but I have not messed with it because it's not even on my EX or TU and I have not seen it be an issue until real recently.

I have been applying basically for tons of GE stuff and they always hit TU so maby I just never noticed but I have not had any alerts from my monitoring saying an account switched to negative....

I also received letter from Chase for shopping car loan at a Toyota Dealership (662 TU) and I was declined for the loan.

Oh well.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.