cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have a good recon number for Wells Fargo?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone have a good recon number for Wells Fargo?

I applied at a furniture store and was declined outright for credit even though my credit scores have gotten pretty good. The bad TL is very old and I am not sure why the turned me down.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Anyone have a good recon number for Wells Fargo?

If they turned you down on the basis of something on your credit report, you get a free pull of that report. Be sure that the store sends (or gives) you a denial letter. Sorry about the denial!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just FYI for yall.  I called the main customer service number and when they told me "Derog Credit" is the reason for my decline, I told them that I just paid a judgement on last Monday and thought that may help them in their decision to do a manual review.  I asked the guy if there was a department I could talk to that may reconsider my application.  He said "Well maybe when your credit gets better we might reconsider."  So I said "thank you, goodbye" and hung up in one fell swoop."  Between the constant overpromising and underdelivering of their mortgage origination department, the bad deals on their checking and savings, and now this customer service, does anyone have a compelling arguement as to why anyone should do business with WF?
Message 3 of 4
demo18c
Contributor

Ive had good dealings with WF so far. Applied and received two mortgages in 3 years and just applied for and was approved to their Visa ( 7500 credit limit) I thought they would pull transunion which is my highest at 683 but they pulled equifax which is 629 Smiley Sad

Mortgage process was fast and friendly. They called us every other day to see how things were going and to give us SITREPS ( status)....knocks on wood....

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: 747
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.