cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have any recent experience with the TD Cash Credit Card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone have any recent experience with the TD Cash Credit Card?

Happy Friday all,

I received a letter in the mail recently that stated my Ally Visa Card would be converted into the TD cash credit card next month. Does anyone have any experience or information about the TD bank cash card regarding CLI policy, bureaus pulled, or general information? Seems to not be much out there. I was contemplating closing my ally card before it converts but if theres possibility for good growth after the conversion I might keep it around.

Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Anyone have any recent experience with the TD Cash Credit Card?

Yes, TD Bank ended their partnership and discontinued the Ally Rewards Visa but still manage/service those accounts.

Any CLI requests are HP and typically via EX (similarly as in the past). Somewhat conservative on growth unless you are putting considerable spend on the card. Auto-CLIs are rare.

If your CL is fairly decent on the card and since there's no AF on it, you can decide whether the cashback structure is worth it or you can close the account if it doesn't meet your needs any longer.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the information. I have this card tucked away in the sock drawer and haven't used it in months. The rewards were really lackluster while under ally. I've kept the card open just because I've had it a while now and its one of my first. 

So they are conservative with cli? I have 5k CL now but If I were to request one with HP and it went to 15k then I would be willing to take the HP but Its all a guess I suppose. They do manual reviews?

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the card. Now that I have the Savor One covering the same categories, it's sockdrawered. You can only redeem when you hit at least $25, while Capital One lets me redeem whenever I want, reducing the amount I have to pay.

I asked once about CLIs - not requesting one, but requesting infor on the procedure. They mentioned, in addition to the hard pull, demonstrating a need for it. I put on average about $1200 a month on it, so my $7500 limit was fine.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have the card. Now that I have the Savor One covering the same categories, it's sockdrawered. You can only redeem when you hit at least $25, while Capital One lets me redeem whenever I want, reducing the amount I have to pay.

Can you request a CLI on the TD bank website?

Message 5 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Were there any improved reward options with the switchover or did the structure remain the same?

Yep, you can request any amount whenever you contact them. Requests can take a few days to turnaround and they're manually reviewed for the most part. That said, if you haven't used it in a while, they likely won't have an incentive to increase the CL unless you are placing some moderate spend on the card. But, it's your call if you want to burn a HP.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Can you request a CLI on the TD bank website?

No love button, not any info I could find on how you would even request one, so I shot them a message. It was about a year ago, and I knew I'd never do it, so I didn't hold on to the message. I think you had to phone or go to a branch.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:
Were there any improved reward options with the switchover or did the structure remain the same?

Yep, you can request any amount whenever you contact them. Requests can take a few days to turnaround and they're manually reviewed for the most part. That said, if you haven't used it in a while, they likely won't have an incentive to increase the CL unless you are placing some moderate spend on the card. But, it's your call if you want to burn a HP.

Yes they said they switched me over to the TD cash credit card structure. 

https://www.td.com/us/en/personal-banking/credit-cards/cash-card/ 

I do spend a bit on dining which is a decent 3 percent but I dont like the redemption minimum. I was going to close my AMEX gold as I can longer justify the annual fee so I was thinking I could switch dining spend to this card.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@FinStar wrote:

Yes they said they switched me over to the TD cash credit card structure. 

https://www.td.com/us/en/personal-banking/credit-cards/cash-card/ 

I do spend a bit on dining which is a decent 3 percent but I dont like the redemption minimum. I was going to close my AMEX gold as I can longer justify the annual fee so I was thinking I could switch dining spend to this card.

On the other hand, if you use it just for dining, you'll hit redemption with $833 - but it's far from being the only no-fee 3% card out there.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recieved two emails with codes I bit on first one denial too many new accounts. So they sent me another one the next week. Did not bite on 2and good luck
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.