cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have experience with a Bank of America card product change?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone have experience with a Bank of America card product change?

I converted my old Bank of America points reward card into a cash rewards card through chat a few days ago. The response in the chat said that I will receive my new card within 2-4 weeks. My question is.... could it really take up to 4 weeks? How long is typical?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone have experience with a Bank of America card product change?

From what i have read here..... Yes it could.

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call them and have them expedite it to you. I've always done that
Message 3 of 15
newhis
Valued Contributor

Yes, it could take that long, a little over 3 weeks for me. 

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the replies. I suppose I can wait.
Message 5 of 15
Jmill79
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Call them and have them expedite it to you. I've always done that

Lol BOA? Expidite? Prolly cost you a hard pull.

And yes, its always a wait for anything from them.

FICO's as of 7/10/15 EQ-751 TU-730 EX-721

Citi Prestige, BOA Cash Rewards Sig, Discover It, AmEx BCP, Cap One Quicksilver
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope it doesn't take that long OP.
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

It can actually take longer then 4 weeks. About 2 months ago my I had my fiance switch to their cash rewards card and by week 5 the card hadn't arrived. By then we were about week way from moving. I had him call again to check on the status of the card to see if it had been shipped because we wanted to make sure we would still be living at that address when it arrived. Well upon calling it hadn't been shipped. We didn't even have to ask to have it expedited. The CSR asked us if it was something we wanted to do. We did and received it two days later. We had no idea what the hold up was. But my fiance did receive 2 calls from a CSR the 5 weeks it took to get the card, to say that the card would be shipped in x number of weeks as if they expected there to be a delay.
Message 8 of 15
kdm31091
Super Contributor

It's normal. Product changes with them take a few weeks to process. There's no way to expedite it. Just how their system is.

You may be able to expedite the mailing of the actual new card, but not until the process is complete. You'll know when your rewards program information changes online. Again this will be in a couple weeks or so.
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I converted my BoA Platinum Visa to a Cash Rewards card and it took exactly 4 weeks to receive the new card. The one good thing is that my card number did not change.... just the expiration date. 

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.