cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have insight into Synchrony/Amazon Store Card?

tag
CBartowski
Frequent Contributor

Anyone have insight into Synchrony/Amazon Store Card?

So I applied for the Amazon store cared for the 5% on Amazon. Though I was hoping to use it for Prime day, apparently I ahve to wait 7-10 days.

Anyway, I have 780-815 credit score make almost $100k yet I got referred to secondary, confirmed a cell phone number then got approved for $2,500 CL. I will most certainly NOT be spending that much on Amazon, but 2500$ really?

Did I miss something? Only other relevant DP is I got a car lease yesterday. 

May not necessarily been work the HP.

CARDS:
AMEX CS Plat | NSL -- Chase Freedom Flex | $19,000
AMEX Gold | NSL -- Citi Double Cash | $10,000
AMEX HH NAF | $1,000 -- Uber Visa | $5,000
CSR | $29,000 -- USAA Plat | $8,000
USAA AMEX | $23,000 -- MB Boundless | $11,900 -- CFU | $3,600 -- PenFed Pathfinder | $10,000 -- MS Plat | NSL

BANKS:
NFCU | USAA | PenFed | Schwab Bank | First Bank | Chase
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Anyone have insight into Synchrony/Amazon Store Card?

They may have felt you had sufficient available credit with your other tradelines.  Plus, there's a lot of other unknown factors that are not available to us as far how their algorithms determined your SL.  That said, they're not known to give out high SLs out-of-the-gate as the norm.  Use the card and it will grow.  A variety of individuals can provide you their DPs on growth, but I would take the approval as a win and be grateful.

Message 2 of 14
CBartowski
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

They may have felt you had sufficient available credit with your other tradelines.  Plus, there's a lot of other unknown factors that are not available to us as far how their algorithms determined your SL.  That said, they're not known to give out high SLs out-of-the-gate as the norm.  Use the card and it will grow.  A variety of individuals can provide you their DPs on growth, but I would take the approval as a win and be grateful.

You are 100% right, I definitely am and I got an email from Amazon saying they auto added it as default and gave me 100$ GC soooo a win in my book. 

My curiosity remains, however.

Thanks for the reply!

CARDS:
AMEX CS Plat | NSL -- Chase Freedom Flex | $19,000
AMEX Gold | NSL -- Citi Double Cash | $10,000
AMEX HH NAF | $1,000 -- Uber Visa | $5,000
CSR | $29,000 -- USAA Plat | $8,000
USAA AMEX | $23,000 -- MB Boundless | $11,900 -- CFU | $3,600 -- PenFed Pathfinder | $10,000 -- MS Plat | NSL

BANKS:
NFCU | USAA | PenFed | Schwab Bank | First Bank | Chase
Message 3 of 14
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

The Amazon store card was one of the first cards I applied for last year (October) during my rebuild. My scores were around 650 when I applied. I don't even remember what I started with, but I think it was about $1,500? I've gotten a few CLI's by hitting the love button, and I've now gotten it up to $5,000. 

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 4 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

100k income doesnt translate into automatic high sl for any card really. $2500 actually is a good sl off the bat for Amazon ,Sync as this is sometimes one of their hardest cards to grow. But it will grow so no worries there m8Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

My card started at $1800 in December and it’s $3K now. They grow pretty rapidly. 

Message 6 of 14
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@CBartowski wrote:

So I applied for the Amazon store cared for the 5% on Amazon. Though I was hoping to use it for Prime day, apparently I ahve to wait 7-10 days.

Anyway, I have 780-815 credit score make almost $100k yet I got referred to secondary, confirmed a cell phone number then got approved for $2,500 CL. I will most certainly NOT be spending that much on Amazon, but 2500$ really?

Did I miss something? Only other relevant DP is I got a car lease yesterday. 

May not necessarily been work the HP.

I think mine started off at $2000 or $2500 in early 2016 (I can't remember exactly) it really was enough for Amazon.

Today it is at $6k with not a lot of use.

I have No Idea Why I Applied For The Chase Amazon Prime around The Same Time, maybe because it was a Visa?.

Chase Started Me out at $16,600. i was like what the heck?, what do I need That Limit for.Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got mine with a low limit of $1000 during my rebuild and it grew easily. Now it's around 6k. This one helped open up bigger limits on other cards for me a few years ago. 

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

877-379-8175 
Call them and ask for 25K and let them counter back with your true CL.  Sync always low balls when opening a new account but, once you're dealt with them you know they're easy to work up the CL with.  With your scores I would be shocked if they didn't just give you the full 25K.

The only time you don't get a big bump when calling usually is if you have a dirty file which doesn't seem to be an issue with your scores. Or if you are already saturated with Sync cards whcih doesn't appear in your signature images or approaching 100K in aggregate Sync CL's.

Message 9 of 14
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@Obscure-Expert

I was literally just trying to remember how much exposure you could have with Synchrony before they start getting ants in their pants and lo and behold: you gave me the answer. 😂👏🏻
I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.