cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have insight into Synchrony/Amazon Store Card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone have insight into Synchrony/Amazon Store Card?

@Queen_Etherea wrote:
I was literally just trying to remember how much exposure you could have with Synchrony before they start getting ants in their pants and lo and behold: you gave me the answer. 😂👏🏻

you're welcome!  Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 14
CBartowski
Frequent Contributor

Again, not upset necessarily just wanted to see what was going on. I will not be maxing that one out...

Thanks for all the insight folks!

CARDS:
AMEX CS Plat | NSL -- Chase Freedom Flex | $19,000
AMEX Gold | NSL -- Citi Double Cash | $10,000
AMEX HH NAF | $1,000 -- Uber Visa | $5,000
CSR | $29,000 -- USAA Plat | $8,000
USAA AMEX | $23,000 -- MB Boundless | $11,900 -- CFU | $3,600 -- PenFed Pathfinder | $10,000 -- MS Plat | NSL

BANKS:
NFCU | USAA | PenFed | Schwab Bank | First Bank | Chase
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

$2500 on a store card isn't bad. I'd even say it's a pretty good starting limit. I remember opening cards in my early 20s, and getting $100-$500 limits.

The way I look at it is like this. Store cards are single use (i.e. you can only use them at one place). I would assume Synchrony takes that into account and says "Hey, your credit is xxx, here's what we will offer for you to use at this one store". It only makes sense that the inital limit would be lower than something like a Visa card that can be used anywhere.

Message 13 of 14
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

@CBartowski wrote:

So I applied for the Amazon store cared for the 5% on Amazon. Though I was hoping to use it for Prime day, apparently I ahve to wait 7-10 days.

Anyway, I have 780-815 credit score make almost $100k yet I got referred to secondary, confirmed a cell phone number then got approved for $2,500 CL. I will most certainly NOT be spending that much on Amazon, but 2500$ really?

Did I miss something? Only other relevant DP is I got a car lease yesterday. 

May not necessarily been work the HP.

Most of my lines are $12-25K. This card is $3850. About 8 years ago I bought home theater components minus the speakers and it came to $3850. Not sure if I had 1 year or 2 years of interest free payments. Haven't used it since. Surprised they haven't closed it. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.