cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have success with Wells Fargo visa recon?

tag
Cracka
Valued Member

Anyone have success with Wells Fargo visa recon?

Hello fellow lurkers, I've searched but haven't found any posts that confirm if anyone has success wi Wells Fargo recons. I'm a current PMA account holder with many accounts and took the plunge by applying online last night. I got the 7-10 day decision email but when I called the application status number, it said that my app was declined. I kicked myself for clicking submit!

First thing this morning, I called and spoke to a representative to ask for a recon and she reviewed a couple of things. after a few minutes, she offered to re-route my application to someone else and that I would find out the decision within 3 business days.

I was hopeful that WF considers banking relationships but maybe this was false hope (I mean, they are a big bank!). I'm ready to pull all my accounts over to my new CU account if they flat out decline me without edification and or a counter-offer.

Did anyone go through this and if so, what was your outcome

Starting Score: 639
Current Score: 648 EQ, 664 TU
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Anyone have success with Wells Fargo visa recon?

@Cracka wrote:
Hello fellow lurkers, I've searched but haven't found any posts that confirm if anyone has success wi Wells Fargo recons. I'm a current PMA account holder with many accounts and took the plunge by applying online last night. I got the 7-10 day decision email but when I called the application status number, it said that my app was declined. I kicked myself for clicking submit!

First thing this morning, I called and spoke to a representative to ask for a recon and she reviewed a couple of things. after a few minutes, she offered to re-route my application to someone else and that I would find out the decision within 3 business days.

I was hopeful that WF considers banking relationships but maybe this was false hope (I mean, they are a big bank!). I'm ready to pull all my accounts over to my new CU account if they flat out decline me without edification and or a counter-offer.

Did anyone go through this and if so, what was your outcome

Good luck to you!! The fact that the CSR moved the app along for futher review means she's confident of an approval.

I would think they consider banking relationships, but its been proven in the past here that even having a boatload of $$$ in the bank doesn't mean CC approval. Its very much YMMV.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 5
Cracka
Valued Member

Thanks LS2982. I'm hopeful and will keep my fingers crossed.

We'll see how we'll the different departments work together. I called and spoke to a mortgage underwriter yesterday (unrelated to this app) to ask for advice on improving my credit in order to best qualify for my heloc to conventional loan REFI. He suggested I apply for credit, keep UT around 9% or PIF to quickly improve my fico. He suggested that I do this thus why I applied last night!

Message 3 of 5
Cracka
Valued Member

Well, I just called and got a 2nd denial. I know I can't blame the bank for my risk factor, but for all the lurkers on this forum who may feel that Wells Fargo considers relationships - They don't!

Well, they may if you have a lot of money with them, but for most of us, don't think that they are different or special.

As a silent complainer, I'm going to take my money put of my accts and will move it to a local CU and USAA. I will also NOT refi my mortgage with WF so they lost MY business.

Sigh - ok done venting Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 5
enharu
Super Contributor

there've been people who recon'ed successfully. try calling and requesting to talk to an underwriter directly.

they do seem to care about banking relationship. when I asked for a CLI sometime last year I jokingly said they should give me a big CLI for having a checking and savings account with them for the past 8 years. The supervisor/manager was able to tell me what my average daily balance has been for my checking and savings after putting me on hold for a while. I was surprised because I didn't see that coming since most banks separate both divisions.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.