cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have the 7.25% fixed APR card from Simmons Bank?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone have the 7.25% fixed APR card from Simmons Bank?

It's called the Simmons First Visa Platinum Card. How hard is it to get one of 'em? What do you think your credit rating would have to be?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone have the 7.25% fixed APR card from Simmons Bank?

Simmons bank is HQ not far from me. I know of very few that have the card around here and most are well to do and can pay cash for most anything so I would think it would have to be fairly hard to get. My dad has one and he told me they sent him a nasty letter stating they didn't like their customers to pay over the balance on the card.
Message 2 of 7
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

jamielr89 wrote:
It's called the Simmons First Visa Platinum Card. How hard is it to get one of 'em? What do you think your credit rating would have to be?

This is a uber-prime card and very difficult to get. You can obtain the application from their website and look at it. Unless you have 800ish scores, squeeky clean CBR's and a high income I wouldn't waste the inquiry.
Message 3 of 7
Gollum
Established Contributor

From a USAToday article (about credit scores) dated October 14, 2011:

"...an alarming number of those polled also had wrong ideas about other types of information being included in the equation.

"For instance, 64% believe that income is a factor..."

http://www.usatoday.com/money/perfi/credit/story/2011-10-14/confusion-about-credit-scores/50773332/1

BTW, the Simmons First Visa Platinum is now a 7.25% variable rate (prime rate plus four), rather than a fixed rate.

Credit Scores: (FICO 8) 846 Experian March 2024, 844 TransUnion March 2024 | (FICO 9) 850 Equifax March 2024
Credit Cards (newest to oldest): NFCU VISA Platinum $25,000 | BECU Cash Back VISA $10,000 | American Express BCE $9000 | Simmons Bank VISA $7500 | Capital One Quicksilver VISA Platinum (PC/upgrade from No Hassle Miles Rewards VISA Platinum) $500
Message 4 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Hi, welcome to the forums!

You have just replied to a thread from 2008. Smiley Happy

Nothing wrong with that, but you might want to check dates on threads that come up via the search function. (I wish they'd change that default...)

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 7
Gollum
Established Contributor

There is not much information on this WWW forum about the Simmons First Visa Platinum credit card.  IMHO, some of the information in the post to which I replied (yes, I noticed the date) was incorrect.  I tried to improve the signal-to-noise ratio for anyone who may be seeking information about that credit card.

Credit Scores: (FICO 8) 846 Experian March 2024, 844 TransUnion March 2024 | (FICO 9) 850 Equifax March 2024
Credit Cards (newest to oldest): NFCU VISA Platinum $25,000 | BECU Cash Back VISA $10,000 | American Express BCE $9000 | Simmons Bank VISA $7500 | Capital One Quicksilver VISA Platinum (PC/upgrade from No Hassle Miles Rewards VISA Platinum) $500
Message 6 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Makes sense.

Are you actively trying for the card, or just improving "the signal-to-noise ratio for anyone who may be seeking information about that credit card"? In other words, are you actually thinking of applying for this card, and if so, could you share (in a very general and unidentified way) any info about your credit history that a potential lender might see?

We might be able to help you out a bit. Smiley Wink

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.