cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have the phone number for Reward Zone Mastercard customer service?

tag
lithium78
Established Contributor

Anyone have the phone number for Reward Zone Mastercard customer service?

The idiots at HSBC/Cap One did not close my old Reward Zone Mastercard two months ago when I asked them to and now I've been hit with a $59 AF.  I'm trying to get a hold of their customer service to fix this problem, but I no longer have the card with the customer service phone number.  The phone number of the website (800-419-4959) doesn't seem to work anymore.

Anybody have their customer service phone number so I can call them?  This is so frustrating.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
wreith
Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone have the phone number for Reward Zone Mastercard customer service?

I just called the number you mentioned and it's working, since you no longer have the card you might not be able to put in your card number.  You can check the list of backdoor numbers, I'm not sure which one to call since Cap1 took them over, I have heard that HSBC numbers are still working for the card though.  Good luck.

01/06/2015 Walmart TU 726
01/06/2015MyFico EQ 705
01/10/2014 USAA FAKO EX 728, EQ 728, TU 728
Discover It $1700, USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $11K, USAA Rewards Platinum MC $12K, CareCredit $13.2K, Chase Freedom $5000, Walmart $4500, Lowes $9800, QVC $1200, HSN $2350, Macys Red Star Store $2900, Paypal smart connect $4022, VS Angelcard $1200, Amazon Store $2500, BCE $4K, Sam's Club Discover $8500, Home Depot $7200, FNBO AMEX $7800
Message 2 of 5
lithium78
Established Contributor

I got a response from their online message system and they offered to refund the AF if I kept the account open, so I agreed.  It's a free year of reporting and no AF paid, so why not, right?  I'll still have to figure out what to do for next year, though.

Message 3 of 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@lithium78 wrote:

I got a response from their online message system and they offered to refund the AF if I kept the account open, so I agreed.  It's a free year of reporting and no AF paid, so why not, right?  I'll still have to figure out what to do for next year, though.

Just close it earlier like 9 months out.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 5
lithium78
Established Contributor

Unfortunately, they told me after the fact that the AF refund is coming in one or two billing cycles, so I'll have to pay the AF for now so I won't get hit with interest.  If I had known that, I would have just closed the card anyway.  Nothing is ever simple.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.