Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone hit their Max limit with Citi

tag
chopperacn
New Contributor

Anyone hit their Max limit with Citi

I got my CLI request denied becuase I have hit the max limit on my Citi Cash Returns Card.Did any one experience this before?

Currrent CL is 25k.

I do have BOA with CL  20k, PNC 17.5K, Chase 7k.

Utilization is high at 40%.Do they go by Utilization or overall profile?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone hit their Max limit with Citi

I don't know the maximum limit but I see your mix of cards and my mix with large lenders couldn't be more different.

Chase 22.5K, Amex, 18K, BOA only 2K and (they wont budge on a CLI tried 10+ times) and Citi, they wont let me in at all.

I am not Citi worthy Smiley Very Happy

How could the lenders be so different.

I keep trying for BOA CLI just to get my Experian FICO score.  Since my report is frozen, it is now a game.  i ask for more $, they say no, I get my score ever 3 months like clock work.  

Message 2 of 5
Chris1

@Scuba wrote:

I don't know the maximum limit but I see your mix of cards and my mix with large lenders couldn't be more different.

Chase 22.5K, Amex, 18K, BOA only 2K and (they wont budge on a CLI tried 10+ times) and Citi, they wont let me in at all.

I am not Citi worthy Smiley Very Happy

How could the lenders be so different.

I keep trying for BOA CLI just to get my Experian FICO score.  Since my report is frozen, it is now a game.  i ask for more $, they say no, I get my score ever 3 months like clock work.  

Doesn't that result in a HP everytime you get denied?

Message 3 of 5
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

No, if anything it could be a SP.  I use Transunion as my primary daily CR pull and they don't show SP and once a month I pull EQ and BOA is never a hard or soft.

Since I have all 3 CR frozen, it can't be a Hard Pull unless I unfreeze the file. 

I know for a fact they don't deny me because the report is frozen only because of past late payments on my report. But you think after 5 years they would let up a little.

Message 4 of 5
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

I hope that 40% util is on 0% apr. otherwise that's gotta be hurting your wallet.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.