cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone hsve the BOA Home advantage cc w/world points?

tag
Eric958
Established Contributor

Re: Anyone hsve the BOA Home advantage cc w/world points?

On the mailer it clearly states "It does not matter who your mortgage provider is".
Looks like you just redeem your reward as a $50 check for every 5000 pts earned.

E!

Never Give Up!!
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh...that's cool then. It doesn't really need to go towards your mortgage though if they send you a check. That's strange that they even bother saying that in the first place. In any case, double rewards the first year is nice!

Eric958 wrote:
On the mailer it clearly states "It does not matter who your mortgage provider is".
Looks like you just redeem your reward as a $50 check for every 5000 pts earned.

E!

Message 12 of 20
Eric958
Established Contributor

I really do want to app but my util is high and I've only had their amex for a short time.

E!

Never Give Up!!
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you able to get your util down in the near future?  If not, I'd hold off a bit.
Message 14 of 20
Eric958
Established Contributor

It's tempting, But I'll wait! I think I need to work on getting cli's while I pay down my debts. So far highest cl is 2500.

E!

Never Give Up!!
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, $2500 is decent, I remember when Orchard was my highest CL. Smiley Very Happy  You'll get there. Now that you have that mortgage, that should help, I have heard from many that once you have a house some companies will throw credit at you that they never would have offered you before!
Message 16 of 20
Eric958
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey, $2500 is decent, I remember when Orchard was my highest CL. Smiley Very Happy You'll get there. Now that you have that mortgage, that should help, I have heard from many that once you have a house some companies will throw credit at you that they never would have offered you before!

That seems to be true but when you see the interest rates it slaps you back to reality! atleast it does me.

Never Give Up!!
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Eric958 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey, $2500 is decent, I remember when Orchard was my highest CL. Smiley Very Happy You'll get there. Now that you have that mortgage, that should help, I have heard from many that once you have a house some companies will throw credit at you that they never would have offered you before!

That seems to be true but when you see the interest rates it slaps you back to reality! atleast it does me.

I can see that happening for many people. The only thing I am lucky to have on my side is the will to PIF every month (sometimes several times a month) so the interest rates really don't matter to me. I attribute this trait to having gone so long withOUT credit and having to pay for everything in cash. Thesedays, I don't purchase anything I don't have the $ to pay for, I just use cards for the rewards. Which is getting better and better!
Message 18 of 20
Eric958
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Eric958 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I can see that happening for many people. The only thing I am lucky to have on my side is the will to PIF every month (sometimes several times a month) so the interest rates really don't matter to me. I attribute this trait to having gone so long withOUT credit and having to pay for everything in cash. Thesedays, I don't purchase anything I don't have the $ to pay for, I just use cards for the rewards. Which is getting better and better!

Nice deal, hopefully one day soon I'll be where you are a P I Fuller!!!

E!

Never Give Up!!
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Eric958 wrote:

Nice deal, hopefully one day soon I'll be where you are a P I Fuller!!!

E!

If you want to be, you will be.
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.